Would a female betta eat ghost shrimp? Question

1. samantha.h Member Member

I don't WANT her to. I officially have MTS and I wanted to get a female betta and maybe 1 or 2 ghost shrimp for this new 3 gallon I bought yesterday, but I'm worried she may snack on them.

Thoughts? :;dk

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

It's a pretty good possibilty. Honestly, it differs from betta to betta.
    One may not bother them, another might.

3. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

My halfmoon Cowboy isn't bothering his ghost shrimp tank mates at all. However, he's still small and I expect that this might change eventually. You just never know with bettas.

4. samantha.h Member Member

That's true, Lucy. One could be harmless looking at the store and then become a really aggressive one. I guess I could always test it...ghost shrimp aren't that expensive. I'd just feel bad if they got eaten during the testing period.

5. samantha.h Member Member

Good to hear from a personal experience. :) I love your betta's name, haha.

6. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

LOL... I named him Cowboy because I got him while I was staying in Texas (I couldn't go without fishkeeping even for a couple months). I moved him and his 5.5 gallon back to Georgia a few weeks ago and all went well. The 5 ghost shrimp were added 3 weeks ago, and he checks them out and knows that they are there, but doesn't pay much attention to them so far.

7. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

My betta, Juliet, is very good, she doesn't attack my rcs, she swims up to them and flares then they just dart back and she is happy