would a buy or swap section be good on this website?

?

would a buy or swap section be good on this website?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. no way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. i completely agree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. whatsafish7 Member Member

I think a buy or swap section should be on here were you can buy or swap items(hints the name). The user can either use paypal or whatever he/she wants. I think we can trust the people on Fishlore but how about you 8) 8) ??? ???

2. Marc Well Known Member Member

Great idea! :D

*read the post.. :)*

3. whatsafish7 Member Member

do you work with this website

4. Jon Well Known Member Member

messy?

5. whatsafish7 Member Member

you can remake it if it looks messy but how does it look messy?

6. whatsafish7 Member Member

i dont care your opinion is your opinion do what you want :-X

7. whatsafish7 Member Member

Change it. All i care about is the people at fishlore seeing this

8. Jon Well Known Member Member

it doesnt matter.... most people on the internet dont use perfect grammar/ spelling anyway. i dont see a reason to make a big discussion out of grammar so lets just leave it as is and see how people vote

9. whatsafish7 Member Member

ok thanks JON

10. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

EVERYBODY LISTEN UP!!!!! If you have a question/suggestion that might possibly be embarrasing such as... how to change a post then please PM that person it's more private(thus PM  ;) ) or to answer that person.
    There is a spell check button beside the post and preview buttons. Correct spelling makes it easier to understand your post (heaven knows I have to use it enough !!)
    Arguing in a post does not make it more attractive to other people( maybe why there haven't been more answers :) and draw more opinions to your posts.
    Now... most forums do have a swap/buy section. And the only problem I see is that the majority of our members are teens and I'm not sure parents would approve of them giving their addresses out to people on the internet. You would have to do this to receive whatever you bought/traded.
    Carol

11. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

good point carol :)

12. beckers4oranges Member Member

great idea cuz i wanna get rid of my crab lol

13. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

I'm working on this and should have it up soon. Like Carol stated, for those of you under 18 you will need your Parent's permission and guidance when using that part of the forum.

I'm hashing out the rules/guidelines that we'll need and then I'll create the separate board for this section.

Have any of you used Escrow.com for buying/selling stuff before? Seems like a really good idea to protect both buyers and sellers.

14. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

definatly a good idea

15. Jon Well Known Member Member

Doh i shoulda said im 18 lol... oh well can always just pm trustworthy people and do it under the table.

16. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

The only problem I see is that fact that we have such an international selction of people from all over the place! Could make postage a bit pricey but then again sometimes its worth paying that little extra for something unusual.. hmm ignore my rambling heehee

17. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

its ok we would have to find people witht he same postage and do buisness with them

18. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

sounds like a plan Mike if you need any help im sure all of us can help you let us know when you got it up and running

19. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

The only problem I can see is the possible shipping of live fish by persons who may not have the correct equipment involved in proper packing. There is a way of packing fish for safe and comfortable shipment during certain times of the year and there are times of the year when shipments just should not be made. It may cause some very hard feelings between people if fish arrive dead due to poor weather conditions or improper packaging. Sometimes mail order of live fish is difficult for the experts to accomplish and I know I would not feel comfortable attempting it.

I DO buy my fish through mail order, but only through a dealer who I can come back to should I have a fish arrive dead. I have never had this happen, but I know there will not be the loss of a friend if I need to ask for a refund or a replacement fish. I would feel very awkward asking a friend to replace something, but perhaps you all would not.

Just my opinion and I would probably be very willing to swap or sell or just give away any extra plants I would have. Just not fish.

Rose
    :)

20. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

I think you're very right there Rose... could always be awkward and create tension no matter how good willing people are. :-[