Would 7.5gal be good for guppy growout until cull?

Sleepyflea

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Title says it all. This is all i have to work with. I can maybe buy another 10 gallon for grow outs in a few months.
but this is my female guppies first pregnancy and its all i have. Is this fine? I basically sectioned off a 10 gallon tank.

flyinGourami

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sectioned off? Is the tank divided? Yes, you can use a 7.5 as a grow out tank. To be honest, almost any sized tank will work for growing out guppies but i would personally make sure the tank is at least around 3-4 gallons big(of course this depends on how many guppies you have). If you use this sized tank and you have a lot of fry though, you will have to do more water changes for them to reach their potential.

OP
Sleepyflea

Sleepyflea

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
bgntoc said:
Sectioned off? Is the tank divided? Yes, you can use a 7.5 as a grow out tank. To be honest, almost any sized tank will work for growing out guppies but i would personally make sure the tank is at least around 3-4 gallons big(of course this depends on how many guppies you have). If you use this sized tank and you have a lot of fry though, you will have to do more water changes for them to reach their potential.
Well they are only going to stay there until they get culled. And then they get tank divided by gender. Then from there i try to color them up and sell them/give them away. Im keeping the mother in the grow out section and using some floating plants and standing plants. I plan on letting natural selection take its course.

And yes its divided. I have a female betta sitting in the other 2.5gal for a few months. If not she would tear the fry's a new one!~ She is friendly with adult guppies though. She likes to chase them, not neceissarily rip their fins.

CichlidFreak7000

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It depends on how many guppies you have and how old. For the most part, I dont see anything wrong with it. 7.5 gallons are the perfect size for most grow-out tanks.

New Threads