worthy of selling?

1. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i recently bought a pair of pink convicts (juvies). but apparently they are old enough to breed, because they have! from what i know, cons breed very easily and you pretty much struggle to even give the fry away. i'm just wondering though....since they are pink cons...would they be more marketable than regular convicts? thanks!

2. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Yes, I think so. As in you could probably sell them versus give them away.

3. allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

i would say it'd be easier than regulars, but it would probably still be pretty hard.

4. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I'll take them! Pack 'em up and ship them on out ;D

5. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

haha thanks nut :) i just might have to! i knew she was up to something...as she was in the cave much of the time. then today....the lil wigglers are out. pretty cute =]

6. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I don't think it'd be very easy to sell them as not many people have them or have a desire to have them in their tanks. Depending on the jacks in your area you may be able to make a deal with them to get credit for your fry. Then you could buy food, water conditioner, more tanks, hahahaha they only give 25% of what they can sell them for tho and it really depends on the jacks.

7. gourami88 Member Member

It would be easier to sell them as opposed to regular cons, but you are still going to have a LOT of babies to deal with.

8. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i'm friends with the manager at my jack's...so i might be able to work something out. i can always use some for food. i've never had cichlid fry before...so right now i think it's pretty cute. i'm sure at some point i won't be thinking that though haha

9. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I actually can't find any Convicts in my town. Pretty strange.

10. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

well if convicts are something you're interested in nut...then i just might be able to help you :) here's the female, on the left..with breeding colors, and her boyfriend on the right.

Attached Files:

11. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

She looks really cool :D

12. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

they are very entertaining to watch :) I've never had non dwarf cichlids until now... much different...and cool

-j

13. lorabell Well Known Member Member

WOOO-HOOOOO ...love to hear about babies!!!!!!!!! Please let me know if you are going to re-home some!!!!!!!! I would be very interested

14. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

you got it lorabell :) it's so cool to see them work together and help with the babies. mr.con will make sure the little firemouths don't get near them. he actually prefers that they have the little corner on the left side of the tank...and that's it. haha. greedy parents =]