Worst Thing You've Ever Done To Your Aquarium Funny | Page 52

1. FishFish221 Well Known Member Member

You seem to be the only one here who likes to poke at dead fish.:)

2. Beth's_Fishies Initiate Member

When I was little, I kept a betta in a very small bowl. It died a few days later.

3. Bek Member Member

Shortly after getting my first betta I bought some seeds off Wish that grew little cute double leaf stems.
    I poured a whole big bunch of this packet assuming they'd sink right away and my betta wouldn't care, and I'd soon have a little green carpet. But no! He thought they were food and was going crazy eating them. I frantically scooped them back up as fast as I could. I don't know how many he ended up eating but it didn't kill him, and his appetite was same as ever.
    Stupid of me for sure. Didn't think that the seeds looked similar to his food

4. barandemir09 Member Member

I added duckweed to my tank... worst decision of my life. Luckily my flow was strong so when I removed them legit 5 minutes later, it was easy and the rest just died off :)

5. ShawnFish Member Member

Added driftwood 2 tank, ended up w snails from a egg i didnt notice, right before vk...

6. Arowanalover Member Member

My sister poked my dead redtailed sharks eye

7. Viccy Initiate Member

I was preparing to introduce a pair of otocinculas to the tank and spilled one into the garbage disposal ! He was recovered and lived

8. MHansen12 Member Member

I bought a canister filter on Craigslist and after I started it, it exploded and I had to redo my bedroom floor.

9. MaxineB Initiate Member

Doing a water change and didn't realize the end of the ciphon wasn't in the bucket so when i looked inside the bucket after about 10 minutes and it was empty I looked around and half of my room was flooded.

10. Sebastian CHokka Initiate Member

Left it unattended when my sisters(4 and 5) came in to feed. They accidentally dropped in a bar of soap and didn't tell me>:< and 2 hrs later when I went back in they were all dead!

11. Paul Russell Member Member

During a water change several years ago on two separate occasions, turned the handle either to too hot or too cold... in either direction changed the temperature by 15 degrees! WILL never do that again lol

12. Planted Aquatics Member Member

When I was younger I put a mini plastic fishing rod in my aquarium and tried to catch my fish. Didn't work :p

13. LJC6780 Well Known Member Member

Worst thing to date is that I've neglected my 20 long and allowed my cories and Betta to get some sort of skin infections. I noticed Herbert's a while back and have been trying to treat but then realized the cories were quite sick also. I'm currently treating the entire tank. I just hope they aren't beyond help. I feel horrible! Keep up with your water changes, people!

14. MattS99 Well Known Member Member

I was 8 years old, 2 juvenile lemon tetras in a 2.5 gallon. This was back when the inch per gallon was cool, so this stock was actually recommended by an LFS. These fish ended up living for like, 3 years. Long story short, I forgot to take the heater out on an uncharacteristically hot day, and the temp. in the tank was 112 F. I cooked them to death.

15. Dempsey Dude Well Known Member Member

Not quarantining, and introducing camallanus worms into my tank(s). I still have recurrences, and it's an ongoing issue.

16. LJC6780 Well Known Member Member

I actually have to add duckweed to my tank with platies and guppies because it disappears over time. I think they must be eating it! My other tanks I have to harvest it by the handful when it gets too covered. I often just toss it.

I've actually had great luck growing mosses, crypts, moneywort, anubias, duckweed ... either Val or mini swords ... and a couple other things I can't think of in my 20 long with stock marineland led. I have 2 different kit lights but none are really anything. One attaches along the front and is 2 small strips and the other attached into a canopy but I removed it and set it on top of the versa top. It's only about 6-8" long. Seems to work perfectly for that tank though. Those lights have a warmer hue though, and I have found that temp to be better for plants in my tanks. I have another cheap led that has bluer tones and never did get good results ... for plants OR corals! It's on a fish only QT tank for now.

17. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

When I was probably 10 or so, I had these 2 ADFs in a cycled 10 gallon. After a water change, apparently the hood wasn't put back on right. I left my house and came back two hours later to a missing ADF. We eventually found it in the floor that night. That was fun to try and catch...

18. 2211Nighthawk Well Known Member Member

Did he live?

19. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

He did. I had him for a couple more years after that.

20. Goldfish@alma Member Member

I put scotch brite sponges in a filer and made a diy filter with them. ALL MY FISH DIED!