Worst Thing You've Ever Done To Your Aquarium Funny | Page 51

1. LJC6780 Well Known Member Member

Well, when the company tells you to change it out monthly what else are you supposed to think?! I know I knew absolutely nothing about the nitrogen cycle years ago when I kept fish. Those poor fish!

2. bubble1807 Well Known Member Member

Bought a fish and put it straight into my tank ( I usually do as this is a very trusted source) and gave my whole tank ich - they did offer free treatment to that's great !!

3. jamielands Initiate Member

WHY THE ...
    didn't I think to use name stickers on my plugs before now??????

Hahahhahahahahahha

4. Fashooga Well Known Member Member

Skipping the QT process...I'm paying for it now...

5. tunafax Well Known Member Member

Putting three 5g tanks onto a metal shelf very much not rated for three 5g tanks.

The worst part is that they're still there. :nailbiting:

6. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

I got 1 from last week. I'm trying to do 2 mated pairs of angel fish. My resident male is not happy about it, he wants both females to himself. The resident male attacked the new male and damaged his pectoral fin a bit, so I put the new guy in the 29 with 1 of the females. All was good until I noticed his pectoral fin was starting to get infected. I put the female back in the 125 and decided to medicate the male. Instead of desolving the fizz tap in a cup of water and pouring it in i just dropped the tabs in the tank. And he just started eating it. Massive over dose and he died. It would have probably healed itself with water changes. Lesson learned.

7. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Oh that's horrible, so sorry.:(

8. Sina-key Member Member

I kept my water for the water change in plastic bottles in the basement last week on my water change day I normally take several bottles and poured it in my tank unaware that in the morning there was lots of bug killer spray used in there my fishes survived but from my 40 shrimps I guess only 10 of them survived luckily 3 females are among them that was a nightmare

9. KaderTheAnt Well Known Member Member

10. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks for the kind words. It was actually for the best in the 125. He wasn't dominant enough to defend himself or get a mate. He sure was pretty tho.

11. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

I think alot of have done that. Unfortunately pet stores don't know what they do as adults.

12. Dandelion-Dream Member Member

Acclimated my fish too fast. Yikes.
    EDIT: And also forgot to cycle that same tank. :facepalm:

13. AxolotlAquarist Initiate Member

Let a seven-year-old feed the axolotls.

14. Arowanalover Member Member

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! THAT SUCKS!

15. Goldfish@alma Member Member

I kept a goldfish in a bowl (5 years old) but then after a month bought a 50 gal with birthday money. That 35 cent feeder fish lived for 10 years. died prom night :emoji_unamused:

16. 2211Nighthawk Well Known Member Member

Aw... man that bites. My betta (first fish) died the day of the elementary school Christmas concert. All the pictures my mom took look like I'm gonna hurt someone i look so miserable. At least I didn't cry or have any lines during it. My goldy is 8 and I've already told mom I'll be taking the day off of work the day he goes to the Big Lake in the Sky.

17. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

You bought a 50 gallon tank when you were 5 years old and kept that goldfish alive until you were 15? Good job! You learned quickly and early how to properly care for your goldfish :)

18. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

I recently tried growing some low light plants with stock LEDS. Didn't work. Had to get a real light. Luckily all the plants bounced back.

19. ravensangel Member Member

2 Oscars in a 20g tall. Need I say more???

Ended with a crash and a splash. They got big, got into a fight, and smacked the heater. Which cracked the tank.

Yep. Carried 2 Oscars into the LFS in a bucket next day.

Lesson learned. Don't plan on getting the bigger tank, just start out with it.

20. CHIMERA Well Known Member Member

My first fish, Goldy was won from a fair. I was 4-5 years old and being the morbid child I was, I enjoyed squeezing my goldfish too much. Also he was kept in a fish bowl and in chlorinated water. He lasted less than 3 hours.
    Now, grown up a bit, I still poke and prod deceased (not live or murdered in cold blood) fish.
    Hopefully I'm not the only weirdo here.