worst experience in your experience of fish keeping?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Jai, Apr 4, 2006.

1. JaiValued MemberMember

:mad: :-\ :'( :( :eek:

2. Marc

MarcWell Known MemberMember

Probably seeing my Pearl Gouramis die in front of me. They were from PetCO and unbeknownst to me they weren't exactly in the best of shape. Sadly, I had never seen a healthy Pearl and bought them anyways - 1 of them survived and is looking absolutely amazing.

3. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Wel, my worst experience was when I was younger and knew nothing about fish and killed several Goldfish and a Betta. :'( Since I set up a real tropical tank and actually did some research, nothing too bad has happened, except that my Otos keep getting sick/injured. :(

4. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

When I had to haul a huge piece of driftwood out of my 75G tank with a Clown Loach stuck in it.
    Hauled it out, laid it out on the floor, chiseled him out with a screwdriver, watched him flop all over the floor. Eventually the driftwood with all holes blocked and the Clown went back into the tank. The first thing he did was go back and check out the hole he got stuck in. go figure!! :)
    Carol

5. dahlyValued MemberMember

When I first started into this hobby I added fish way too fast and killed 4 innocent, beautiful panda cory's. I felt sick! Patients is key to being successful in this hobby.

6. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

I'd say when my bucket overflowed onto the floor :eek:
    and also I did the same as 0morokh when I was like 6

7. 0morrokh

heh heh I hope my parents don't know how many times I've done that...not to mention the end of the siphon falling out of the bucket onto the floor while siphoning... :eek: ;D ::) :-[ :p
    hehe don't tell anyone I admitted that, especially my mum... ;D

8. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

that and having ICH twice

9. batattackValued MemberMember

my angel had white spot but he is still alive cause of me

10. Gwenz

GwenzWell Known MemberMember

My worst experience must have been the day after I bought my first fish and one of my Zebra Danios got stuck in the filter and I had to take the whole filter apart to get him out. He's ok now but he did split his fin and it took a while to heal. :'( It hasn't happend since! :) (Touch wood!!!)

Gwenz :)

11. CraigWell Known MemberMember

my 1st go with my 20gallon all my fish died off it was a nightmare

C W

12. Isabella

IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Omorrokh, lol, that happens to me a lot actually, haha. I often find myself so absorbed with cleaning my tank's bottom that I forget about the other end of the siphon tube. Oftentimes the other end ends up spilling dirty water directly on the floor. One time I didn't notice the water spilling out until I felt a wet floor beneath my feet.

13. SkadunkadunkValued MemberMember

My first water change, dam that was painful

14. JasonWell Known MemberMember

me too and also an ich break out which killed 3/4 of my fish which was b4 I knew about all tips

15. Joe GValued MemberMember

Having all my fish die in 2 days because I did not now about Nitrite.
    I just though you by a tank kit and feed fish . boy was I wrong.

1 male and 2 female Mollie
    1 male and 1 female Swordtail
    3 neon tetra
    1 baby Mollie
    1 Albino Corydoras Catfish.

All DEAD ???

16. 0morrokh

glad to hear I'm not the only one... :p

17. chickadee

chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

My worst experience was watching Azul die of dropsy after suffering from one thing and another for 2 months and then finally having kidney failure.

Rose
    :'(

18. 0morrokh

I'm sorry :'( That would be so sad.

19. mistycheriValued MemberMember

My worst experience would have to be when I was raising my baby platy's. I was down to two babies and decided to let the bigger one swim around outside the net. Well, he was not big enough as it turned out. My female beta took off after him within a few minutes, she managed to get most of him in her mouth with me chasing her around the tank with the fish net trying to stop her. The baby didn't survive, and I ended up putting the beta in her own 5 gal. tank. I have one baby that survived to make it to the community tank and she is doing wonderfully.

20. Gwenz

GwenzWell Known MemberMember

This doesn't seem so bad now that I have actualy lost one of my fish. I lost him around 4-5 days age. Whaen I say I've lost him, he is actualy not there any more. I took everything out and checked everywhere, even the floor (just in case). He's just sort of vanished....

Gwenz :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice