worried

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
One of my cories is very active, but the other one lays around a lot. The first day I had him, I thought he had died-- but when I went to fish him out he swam away. Is this normal. I know a lot of the ones at the LFS just lay there, but I thought they were pretty active fish. Mr. Magoo is very active, always swimming around all over the tank, but my other cory (no name yet, help me out in the Name My Fish thread under General Discussion) just kinda lays around ???

wolfman21

Reaction score
My cories like to lay around, they will be active sometimes, otherwise they like laying under a big root I have and just lounging. It's perfectly normal. mine will do the same thing, they will not move until they are about to be scooped up with a net, and then they will scurry away. Some are just more active than others, guess you have one of each.

Luniyn

Well Known
Reaction score
I had 4 different types of Cory's to choose from in the pet store when I went to get mine. Of the 4 the school of peppered cory's they had were the most active and responsive (i.e. when you put your face close to look at them in the tank they would actually move away). The others were just sitting there and made me wonder if they were in fact alive at times. So I got the peppered cory's and they haven't stopped moving the entire time I've had them. I've talked with others that have said that their cory's only come out to be active at night. Have you taken a look at your tank once you turn the lights out at night, he might be very active then. But yeah they each have a personality of their own, so I wouldn't worry about it.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom