Worried abt my pleco! he has a pink lump on him.

1. p

plikotrogdoor67 New Member Member

My pleco has a spot on him temp,ph levels and ammonia levels all been checked and are good did 50% water change. I have attached a photo of this spot. I hope to God hes alright. I hop someone can help.

Attached Files:

2. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

It looks like he might have injured himself and now has an infection. You might want to try tetracycline for the full dosing period. Remember to remove any carbon you have in your filter.

This is a 20 gallon tank, right? You've been told that the pleco is not appropriate for this tank size. If you don't rehome him, he will continue to get injured or he will just die.

What test kit are you using? Instead of "good", please give us your exact readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

3. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Kudos for getting a great photo of the ailment. :;hf

Has this tank cycled? I''ll assume it has.... but if it hasn't, please speak up and let us know....

Is there anything in the tank that he might have 'spiked' himself on? rough edges etc?

I'm inclined to agree with Lynda that's it's most likely a bump that has been infected.

Let us know you exact parameters, and a little more history, hopefully we can figure this out.

BTW - welcome to fishlore :;hi2

4. OP
    OP
    p

plikotrogdoor67 New Member Member

Sorry it took so long to reply. I have updated all inquirys abt tank sizes and parameters, plus ph and ammonia levels. On m
    y 20 gal. I agree that the 20 gal is too small
    I am currently waiting on a 55 gal. Troggie is now abt 6 inches long. He is doing much better. After a few water changes and some patience. Thanks to all who replied!!!!!