Worried about Willow

genie

today is day 2 of medicating Willow with Betta Revive, it is made by Hikari. She is holding her fins close and not moving a whole lot. I was only treating for fin rot and was going to introduce her to her new home tomorrow, but now I am not sure, because I don't want Kronos to get anything. Plus I think it may stress her more. I need to get a cave or something for that side-- she will need to hide because she will be able to see through the divider.

Sparkling Diamonds

Is Betta Revive in a small, fish shaped bottle? I think I may have some of that, I was going to try it out if the jungle labs didn't work.

I'm sure Willow will be fine. I think waiting to introduce her to her new home is a good idea though, just in case y'know?

genie

yup- that is what it is. Yesterday showed improvement, she may just be stressed. I hope tomorrow looks better.

COBettaCouple

Genie said:
yup- that is what it is. Yesterday showed improvement, she may just be stressed. I hope tomorrow looks better.
she does sound stressed? does she still have stress lines?

genie

No, she doesn't have lines, but she is pale so I don't know if the pale ones get lines???

COBettaCouple

Genie said:
No, she doesn't have lines, but she is pale so I don't know if the pale ones get lines???
some of the females get pale instead of lined when stressed. so does holding the fins like that I think. she'll probably be happier with a hiding spot or 2 and maybe a plant if possible. has she eaten? what temp & water conditions does she have now?

genie

She has a plant. She was pale this morning but has colored up since. She devoured a pea, and seems better. She got a glimpse of Lila and went nuts-- Lila just ignored her. Kronos saw her too and was crazy, so I moved her.

COBettaCouple

Genie said:
She has a plant. She was pale this morning but has colored up since. She devoured a pea, and seems better. She got a glimpse of Lila and went nuts-- Lila just ignored her. Kronos saw her too and was crazy, so I moved her.
yea, color and eating sounds good.. she's starting to realize her life is better now.

genie

She is pale again this morning. I guess she is afraid of the dark. I am going to try moving her to the bathroom and leaving a light on at night.

COBettaCouple

Genie said:
She is pale again this morning. I guess she is afraid of the dark. I am going to try moving her to the bathroom and leaving a light on at night.
Sounds like Rose's new baby boy. Is there a nightlight in the bathroom?

genie

The lights in the bathroom are all on dimmers.

Phloxface

Sometimes it isn't the dark or light but the fact that one second it is dark and suddenly you turn on the light. It causes light shock and is very stressful. I read an article about that in one of the fish magazines the other day. Several of my fish get like that too if I turn on the tank light suddenly. For this reason I am looking for some type of dimmer switch to plug my tank lights into so I can turn the lights up gradually, the way it would be in nature.

COBettaCouple

that would be a nice thing.. for day and night time. usually the sun is up before we turn on the lights so the bettas don't have as much of a shock with the ambient light from the window, but it would still be better if the tank lights could be slowly raised & lowered. Let us know if you find something.

genie

there is no light on her tank, she wakes up to the sunshine and goes to sleep to the moon.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom