Worried About Tank Leaking Or Falling Through Floor!

zpecialt
Don't get me wrong... I absolutely love my tank and I keep thinking about where I'll place the next one, but I can't stop worrying that it's going to spring a leak or go crashing through the floor. Our townhome is well constructed and it's an All-Glass aquarium (which are supposed to be decent, right?) but I think it's my constant worrier instinct doing me in.

Basically I'm just looking for someone to tell me I'm crazy and to calm down and enjoy the fish.

Peterpiper
You are crazy! calm down and enjoy the fish! Now, DID THAT HELP? ......
Ok so the tank is full and not leaking, why would it start now? what size is it? How old is it? what is the floor made of?

COBettaCouple
"I'm crazy and to calm down and enjoy the fish."

just remember that tank leaks aren't real common and the tanks are probably not the heaviest thing you have in the townhouse - so the odds are extremely low of you ever having to worry about either problem. we have 15 tanks running at the moment.. no leaks.. quite a few of them are the all-glass aquarium brand as well. good tanks, so just enjoy the fish.

Barbrella
My tank recently sprung a slow leak, and that was after over 20 years of constant use, moving several times, etc.

So yeah - take a chill pill and enjoy your tank without worrying!

Kevin
this might make your nerves worse...but it it made me be careful when I was around tanks

Trpimp147
wow that stinks

Dino
Bet mom does not allow him to keep weights in the same room with the fish anymore.

I got cold chills watching that just now.

Kevin
now I tip-toe and wrap myself in bubblewrap before I get within 30 feet of my tanks

fishgirl
THAT is why I don't lift weights!!

Barbrella
OMG!!!! Heart attack time!

Off topic: What I HATE is seeing an aquarium in any movie, cuz you just KNOW that's it only there to be smashed. Ugh.

Dino
Ain't that the truth.

zpecialt
Hahahahaha! Okay, that video made me feel so much better. And thank you all for telling me I'm a whack job. I don't know why it's something I've fretted over. I guess I just worry that if it did crack or spring a leak the whole house would be destroyed. But I didn't consider the fact that most leaks are slow. And I guess if I'm that worried about the construction of my home I should consider moving. Hehe! Thanks all!

By the way, the tank is fine. And beautiful.

COBettaCouple
yea, as long as you aren't planning on doing some weight-lifting, you'll be fine.

Kevin
I love how the kid has no idea what to do except yell for his mom...

Allie
I really hope our tanks don't break. Our 120 gallon and 100 gallon tall would be a huge mess but they are made of pretty thick glass, .5" thick.
I had a 30 gallon leak on me while I was home alone. That was no fun at all.

COBettaCouple
lol, well given his choice in locations to lift weights, i'm not sure that he's exactly bright.

I love how the kid has no idea what to do except yell for his mom...

Dino
I think the first yell was for grandma.

I also believe the kid is German.

Kevin
I think the first yell was for grandma.

I also believe the kid is German.
the mom was talking in english...I think...or maybe germish

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
angelou
Replies