Worried about my loach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonb

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I was wondering if a loach will or could get stuck in my driftwood. I have a hole in my driftwood that faces the glass and since he is rather large now. I was wondering if he could get in there and not be able to turn around and get out. After a few days of not seeing him I flip my driftwood and he comes out. You guys think he could be getting stuck in there?

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
First off welcome to fishlore.

I really don't think he'd get stuck but it is possible. I had one of my salt water fish think he was skinnier than he really was and I had to cut him out of a decoration. Filling out your aquarium info would also help us answer any future questions you may have.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

Clown loaches can get into the strangest of places and even seem to play dead at times. I know our member Butterfly/Carol has had a few scares. They sleep on their sides and in strange places.

http://www.loaches.com/species-index/clown-loach-chromobotia-macracanthus

If you have an opening in an ornament that causes you concern then yes, plug the hole with a fake plant or something.

Ken

OP
J

Jasonb

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thank you for your input everyone, i decided to fill the hole with a rocks and aquarium sealant mixture to help way it down. Now he just plays dead underneath the driftwood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 67 67.0%

Top Bottom