WORMS!!!

1. RudeeRu Member Member

:mad: Hello! I posted in the beginners forum as well, but I have these little white worms in my tank! I read they were harmless, associated with too much food...ok so I feed too much...Another site told me to vacuum and do a 25% water change (I did 30%). My mollies went crazy and started snacking on the nasty little worms (Let me note here that I HATE WORMS!) and my shrimp also seemed pretty pleased as well. The website recommended fasting the fish for 2-3 days, which should be no real problem since the fish are snacking on the worms. Is there anything else I can do? I have the shrimps and snails, and really didn't want to use chemicals, although I'm so grossed out I'm willing to! THe jungle tabs parasite clear seemed safe (at least what I read online), but again, don't want to use chemicals! AUGH what do I do?!?

Oh, parameters for the tank I'm sure I'll get asked! 10gallon, filter (oh dear GOd I'm afraid to look in it! EW ew ew ew ew ), heater set at 78degrees...nitrates 5-10, nitrites zero (YEA that just happened today!), ammonia zero, pH 7.6...I add aquarium salt to the tank for the mollies.

2. RudeeRu Member Member

EEK Help anyone?!?

3. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Sorry I dont have a clue but I think its good that the fish are eating them! ;D