Worms in my azolla!!???

Ssnaaiil

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
3 years
Why is there little pink worms in my azolla!!!??? I just ordered this online. What the heck are theses worms!!!
0916F58C-85DA-419C-A73E-A536941CD0CE.jpeg978BA92E-CB79-480B-ADE6-274539014154.jpeg

OP
Ssnaaiil

Ssnaaiil

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
3 years
richiep said:
They look like Tubifix worm/sludge worm
Will they harm my fish, snails or shrimp? If I remove the ones o see would there be baby ones that I can’t see?

Yasifrz

Reactions
Usually in plants u buy there are worms snails and things like that as i know what u can do is to remove the whole water wash the plant wit some fresh water and then add it to the tank that way eggs and thing like that wont get into your tank

RomeoOscar

Reactions
Experience
1 year
I think it's safe to assume there are others hiding. I went to a lake this weekend and collected a handful of duckweed. There were over 100 planaria in there. This to tell you that even if you don't see them there might be lots of them.

I would wash in tap water (hopefully they die with chlorine? Not sure) and leave it in a quarantine bucket for a while and check for any signs of life. I know fish eat tubifex but if it's planaria, they can harm fry and shrimplets

New Threads