Worms Everywhere In My Snail Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Camry, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Camry

CamryNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    I’ve been trying for over a year to raise bladder snails for my pea puffers. But sadly all I’m good at is killing them. I managed to get a couple to lay me eggs and soon I had hundreds of baby’s. Now I’m down to only a few baby’s left and these white worm things EVERYWHERE. I’m worried that they might eat my few remaining snails that I’m trying to grow up.

Attached Files:

2. FishGirly

FishGirlyValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +14
    I used to get these all the time in my snail only tanks never on my regular tanks. Mainly I get them in my mystery snail tanks. Try maybe feeding the snails less? Or making sure that you clean up any food they don’t eat right away. I used to over feed a lot especially when I was breeding them. Now that I feed them considerably less, I have not seen these anymore. Try syphoning these out as many as you can and cut down the feeding.

3. OP
    OP
    Camry

CamryNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    That’s odd thing though. I broke my leg and was stuck at my mothers for 6 weeks leaving them with a plant to munch on. But when I came back those worms were everywhere and I know my dad never fed them. Did they ever cause any harm to your snails?

4. FishGirly

FishGirlyValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +14
    How odd. What type of plant did you leave for them to feed? Maybe it was too much and that’s what caused the problem?

I’ve never actually had as many as you have in that picture. Just a couple. They usually would come out at night and craw all over the glass but never that much.

I would keep doing water changes...maybe daily ones, and vacuuming them out. Make sure there’s no food left out and if there’s dead snails remove them as well. That should slowly get rid of them.

5. OP
    OP
    Camry

CamryNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for the tips, I’ll start trying water changes!

6. Brizburk

BrizburkWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +437
    Experience:
    5 years