Worm Problem

matt 63

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey yesterday I went to do a water change with my gravel vacuum, and noticed tons of worms being sucked up. I think they are round worms but not sure, they are really thin and white and about a 1 mm long, alot of them look dead, but some was still wiggling around. Last week I did a water change and didn't have a single worm in the gravel and my water levels are perfect, the only thing I did different last week was fed my fish frozen peas for the first time, and now I have a mess load of worms in the gravel, what kind of worms do yal think this could be and the cause of it? I don't think I over feed my fish, I feed them what they can eat in two minutes once a day, so I dont think that is the cause

Neutral-Waterinos

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey yesterday I went to do a water change with my gravel vacuum, and noticed tons of worms being sucked up. I think they are round worms but not sure, they are really thin and white and about a 1 mm long, alot of them look dead, but some was still wiggling around. Last week I did a water change and didn't have a single worm in the gravel and my water levels are perfect, the only thing I did different last week was fed my fish frozen peas for the first time, and now I have a mess load of worms in the gravel, what kind of worms do yal think this could be and the cause of it? I don't think I over feed my fish, I feed them what they can eat in two minutes once a day, so I dont think that is the cause
I don’t think these will harm your fish, if anything a good treat for small fry I reckon. However they are probably in such numbers cause they are excess food/nutrients etc they eat left over scraps. Could you send a picture?

matt 63

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I don’t think these will harm your fish, if anything a good treat for small fry I reckon. However they are probably in such numbers cause they are excess food/nutrients etc they eat left over scraps. Could you send a picture?
OK thank you and phone will not take a good enough picture of them

They are surviving because they have food.

Reduce feedings.
OK thank you

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom