1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

Worm Feeder Cone

1. a

abheeshs Valued Member Member

So, I got this worm feeder cone and thought it would be fun to watch the fish at out of it. I have the freeze dried blood worms. They don't sink, so the cone is useless.

Have anyone used these? Anything else I can feed with it?

2. T

ThaiCaliber Valued Member Member

Live worms

Advertisement

3. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

Advertisement

4. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Were they completely defrosted? It should sink, maybe they had trapped air inside.

5. jakefoster

jakefoster Well Known Member Member

use it pointy end down for frozen bloodworms and if u have dried worms use it the other way around.

like so...
    dd25df545efbfbc6c3bed4b1e33cf0f7.jpg

6. OP
    OP
    a

That is kool

How to get it to this position without spilling all over?

7. jakefoster

jakefoster Well Known Member Member

have the cone upside down, then stick ur hand in the water and place the worms inside from the bottom. easier if u get the worms that are dried in cubes.

8. OP
    OP
    a

Yeah, I don't have the cubes. My cone comes with float ring. What I did was put the worms in the ring, put the cone on top, submerge everything and remove the ring. The cone rests on the bottom.

9. T

TinySwimmer Valued Member Member

Can I ask what the feeder cone is for? Do they pull the worms out of it? And why? Just wondering if I should get one because I feed my fish blood worms a couple times a week

10. OP
    OP
    a

That is exactly what it is for. Check in YouTube. Problem is with dry worms which always floats.