Worlds Most Curious Betta Fish!

AnglerTheStrangler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So one of my Betta Fish (Blue Veil Tail) is the most curious Betta ever! He's always on the move looking for things to hunt(nip at) patrolling his tank. I can't even put anything in there without him swimming up to it checking it out etc. I'm sure you get the picture of how water changes go. Does anybody else's Betta Fish super curious like mine? Love to hear your story's!!

SpookaSpooka

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My guy is like that too! Every time I stick the siphon in to do the water change he tries to attack it for the entire time I'm changing water! He goes crazy about anything and everything, except, oddly enough the nerite.

AnglerTheStrangler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My guy is like that too! Every time I stick the siphon in to do the water change he tries to attack it for the entire time I'm changing water! He goes crazy about anything and everything, except, oddly enough the nerite.
Is that him in your avatar? What's his name? Yeah mine does the same with the water change.. haha you would think he would be interested in the nerite but no they are interested in the stuff we are like whyyyy?!? Lol

KingCynosure

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Mine is so curious! I like to stand colorful things up outside the tank, and he'll swim right up to inspect for a while. Newcomers to the tank are always interesting for him too, but he stops caring after a few days lol. He checks out the snails occasionally, I'm not sure he understands what they are

minervalong

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
King Henry the 8th, the murderous crown tail lives in splendid isolation (except for pest snails) in a 5g planted tank by my kitchen sink. That means cups, glasses, dishes, stuff gets set in front of him all day. He investigates each and every thing. He does not like the red cup, flares at it. He likes the blue cup, cruises the glass wiggling. He does not like the dishcloth or towels, but likes the fuzzy sponge. What a character lol.

AnglerTheStrangler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Mine is so curious! I like to stand colorful things up outside the tank, and he'll swim right up to inspect for a while. Newcomers to the tank are always interesting for him too, but he stops caring after a few days lol. He checks out the snails occasionally, I'm not sure he understands what they are
Haha I do the same with outside objects. He's like what is this and how come I can't get to it lol

AnglerTheStrangler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
King Henry the 8th, the murderous crown tail lives in splendid isolation (except for pest snails) in a 5g planted tank by my kitchen sink. That means cups, glasses, dishes, stuff gets set in front of him all day. He investigates each and every thing. He does not like the red cup, flares at it. He likes the blue cup, cruises the glass wiggling. He does not like the dishcloth or towels, but likes the fuzzy sponge. What a character lol.
Hahaha love that he likes the fuzzy sponge! That had me cracking up when I read that lol

minervalong

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think you should float a ping pong ball for him to play with.
Oh, he has toys and I rearrange the decor every week. He acts like he has been transported to another world. He explores every nook and cranny, runs through the plants, runs up to the front to look at me like "where am I?". Dives in and out of his cave, every single hole. It is the same cave structure that has been there for the last 4 months lol. And lets not forget the dashing to and fro when he chases the snails. He will run up to them, give a nudge and race off, turns and looks at it as if it should be following him.

minervalong

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Oh, I like the murderous so and so lol. I drink my first cup with him in the am, give him a nibble of something, play the finger chase game lol. I hadn't planned on having anything but the one betta, but this tank game is infectious lol. And then he wouldn't co exist with anyone, well mostly because I didn't pay attention to the usual steps to make sure he would, so now I have 4 tanks, two more to set up lol. That grandgirl of mine has a lot to answer for.

Duckyn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I floated a patterned container in my betta's tank one day . . . little guy wouldn't stop trying to chew off the pattern. He thinks everything is live food. But I guess it's my fault for spoiling him.

KingCynosure

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Oh, I like the murderous so and so lol. I drink my first cup with him in the am, give him a nibble of something, play the finger chase game lol. I hadn't planned on having anything but the one betta, but this tank game is infectious lol. And then he wouldn't co exist with anyone, well mostly because I didn't pay attention to the usual steps to make sure he would, so now I have 4 tanks, two more to set up lol. That grandgirl of mine has a lot to answer for.
I'm so glad my betta likes his tankmates He has a few more friends coming soon, but then wifey cut me off :emoji_laughing: (well I'm already cut off but you know )

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom