World Cup 2006

who do you think will win the world cup.

• FRANCE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SPAIN

• GERMANY

• ARGENTINA

• UKRAINE

• ENGLAND

• PORTUGAL

• BRAZIL

• ITALY

• Total voters

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I think Argentina will win. They've played quite well. 2-1 against Ivory Coast ( ), 6-0 agaist Serbia and Montenegro ( ) and 0-0 with Netherlands ( :-\). At first I thought Brazil but then changed my mind after watching their first match. :-\

Joe, who do you think will win?

Gwenz

P.S. - I was thinking of doing this exact same poll, came on here, clicked on Polls and found it had already been done. LOL!!

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
I am Italian by back ground but i do not think they will win ,i would have to say Brazil they have a strong team, lots of talent.

Craig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i would hav said spain but they were undeservedly put out 2nite!! they shud hav went through! put still quite a young side ! i will say brazil now but i can c argentina and england bein up there unfortunately northern ireland didnt qualify but they nearly did!

C W

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
I think Id better start watching!!! then I can cast my vote... I havent seen my hubby since it started so im a bit bitter... :-\

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I BET either Germany or Brazil will win the World Cup! I certainly may be wrong ... but judging by the way both teams have played so far - and it's not just goals that count but also the playing techniques, etc - they seem most likely to win to me. Soccer is not a very "famous" sport in the U.S. but I nevertheless watch and follow the games, and LOVE it! I think soccer is a great sport and I perfectly understand why it's so popular in Europe (as well as in Africa and many other parts of the world). I wish U.S. team could have advanced a bit futher ... well, maybe next time

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey Isabella,you may get your wish in 2010..the U.S. has a youngster playing in the MLS now named Freddie Adu,who many consider to be an even better player than Pele' was in his heyday..he was too young to play in this World-Cup,but in 2010 he'll be in his prime(about 21 yrs. old) and you can bet the coach will build up a strong team to support Adu's skills.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Better than Pele himself ?!?! LOL, that should be very interesting! I'll be looking forward to FIFA 2010! I certainly hope USA team will do better next time

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Gwenz said:
I think Argentina will win. They've played quite well. 2-1 against Ivory Coast ( ), 6-0 agaist Serbia and Montenegro ( ) and 0-0 with Netherlands ( :-\). At first I thought Brazil but then changed my mind after watching their first match. :-\
Well both Argentina and Brazil are out and so is England. I think Germany will go far prbably right to the end and France are quite good. I realy don't know who will win now. :-\

Gwenz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
JoeG and Gwenz ... to tell you the truth, both England and Germany did not play too well during that game. I was surprised by how poorly Germany played last 2 games! They were much better last world cup. Now I am not sure anymore if Germany will win this world cup (we'll see how they'll do with Italy today!). I was also shocked to see Brazil lose! Such a good team - it was the least I suspected. I was sure they were going to advance. Now it looks like France and Italy are the stronger opponents. BUT ... the games are not over yet Anything's possible!

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
looks interesting now , it could be any one. at this point.I am hope Italy can win this afternoon.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I realy don't know what will happen - Right now just after half time Germany 0-0 Italy

this is getting quite interesting anything could happen!

Gwenz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I can't believe Germany lost! I wanted them to win Well ... only one team can win, so there ya go ... My prediction turned out to be terrible, lol. Neither Germany nor Brazil made it.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I don't care who wins today since I like both teams, though it would be surprising to see France beat Portugal, just as it was surprising to see Italy beat Germany. This world cup really anything is possible, lol. So who knows, maybe France will win.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well the match has started. I would like France to win, but I'd be supprised if they did agaist Portugal. But you never know. Anything could happen.  :-\

Gwenz

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
looks like Italy and France in world cup . I Hope Italy Wins. as my background is Italian.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom