Work In Progress Pond

Paper Spiders

Reaction score
Thank you all for responding to my previous post. Despite whining about burying my pond liner, I have now decided to go all out and make a nice, landscaped pond. I've been out all day with my pickaxe having a lot of fun, and I decided to start a thread while I work on my layout.

This is where I am right now. I need to dig about a foot deeper.

I also included some photos of my dog in her pond, cause she's cute. She has four goldfish and a traumatized mystery fish (killifish?) in her 110 pond.

Suggestions welcome!

Attachments

OP
Paper Spiders

Paper Spiders

Reaction score
I broke a sprinkler pipe while digging, and although the landlord swore that he turned the valve off, I woke up this morning to my hole full of water. Big bummer too, since I was almost done digging.

Now I get to reroute a sprinkler pipe and scoop out the mud. Ah well.

In other news, our local creek is seasonal and is about to dry up. There are only a few isolated small pools left, and those will be gone too in a couple weeks. I'm thinking I may take all the minnows I can catch and give them a home, so they don't dry out. I'll try to catch one and post a pic here to ID.

Manan

Reaction score
Your dog is adorable! How is the pond coming along?

Manan

Reaction score
Looks great, I love how you placed the rocks around. What fish do you have in it?

New Threads