WOOHOO! Bettas are HERE! (with pics!)

shollia

I ordered some Bio-Spira which will hopefully be here by Friday which means that I'll be getting my bettas on Monday if all goes according to plan!! YAAAAAAY!!!

I SO can't wait!! Every time I go up into Petsmart. I always have to look at their bettas and every single time there is always one that gives me that "PLEASE take me home!" look and it's just broken my heart b/c I couldn't.
But now that that the tank is going to be cycled.... now the only heartbreak I'm gonna have to deal with is actually ONLY picking 2 out of the whole stock! 

I really wish I could've gotten this really pretty girl this past weekend. She had dark blue with a bit of red fins and a white body. She was SO pretty and gave me that pitiful look when I picked her cup up. I wanted her so badly, and bf would've gotten her for me, but we just didn't have anywhere to put her *sigh* I can only hope that a good person bought her.

Anywho! Enough depression! I'm gonna be getting my bettas! MUAHAHAHAHAHA  ;D ;D
I'm also getting my shipment of plants tomorrow! So when I get my bettas their side of the 10gal is going to be nice and planted for them to enjoy!
Gosh I'm SO excited!!

Silverliningq

Re: WOOHOO! Bettas here I come!

Yey!
Sounds like some very lucky bettas will be going to a great home real soon!

Silver
;D

nmwierman1977

Aw, congratulations Sholia. Natalie

gammerus

picking the betta is the hardest part

shollia

gammerus said:
picking the betta is the hardest part
Oh I know it's going to be! If I can be choosey in my selection (hopefully they'll have a lot of healthy looking ones).... I'd love to get a female that looks like the one I saw.
AS for a male... I'm not sure if I want a VT or a CT. Those are the only ones I ever see stocked at Petsmart.... so yeah.. those are my only choices heh.
A blue or red one would be ok, but I'm hoping for a color that's a little more unique. ;D

gammerus

then don't limit yourself, look around a few stores and your guaranteed to find something unique

cherryrose

8) Yes, as Gammerus said, look around and you are sure to find just the betta that you want. Good luck choosing, and have fun!

CherryRose

0morrokh

Congrats! I know, picking them is hard... So, I just let all my Bettas pick me. Don't limit yourself to certain colors or finnage, look for health and personality first. Heck, none of my Bettas have been what would have been my first choice in color, but they're my best buddies so it doesn't matter Well, hope you find the perfect Bettas, and can't wait to see them ;D

shollia

Gosh I'm just so excited and nervous.
I'm just hoping that my bio-spira will be coming still cold. It's been hot today.. well.. warm.. and I'm SO worried that it's going to be warm when I get it and not usuable.
And then I'm gonna be worrying about when I should add fish... if I should add ammonia during the couple of days I don't have fish in the tank... etc.

I doubt I'll be able to convince bf to go back out the the Petsmart across town (traffic last weekend was HORRIBLE).... so I'm gonna be stuck with what this Petsmart has to offer. If I see a betta I want tomorrow night (if we end up going to the petstore)... I might just get it then and there.

OOOOO I just can't wait! I'm So excited!!!!

schiz

Congratulations. My wife used to laugh at me fussing over my fish, I must admit sometimes I get a little eccentric about it(okay so maybe I visit Wal-Mart late at night and check on their fish, hey I saved three bettas that someone had placed into one cup night, so every little thing helps), but since we got her a betta, she is just at bad as me. Now I know we are both crazy.

shollia

Lol.. yeah... my bf, brother and his wife look at me like I'm crazy cause I get SO worked up over the fish we currently have. Specially if I think they're sick.. BOY do I just go crazy trying to see what I can do etc.
They just don't get it though.. they still see the fish as "Just fish" which is very unfortunate... *shrugs*

Anywho! I dunno if I'll be able to sleep tonight! Just waiting and hoping my shipment will come in early tomorrow

schiz

Yep unfortunately the "just fish" mentality is pretty common, but one day maybe it will change although maybe we should keep the secret of how good pets they make to a select few, kinda like an elite club.

Sad thing is, to illustrate, my wife just called and I have a molly sick and going down fast at home. So...I am rushing home from work to help the fish. Good thing I am actually finished or I would say my priorities are out of whack.

shollia

Awww.. I hope your molly is gonna be ok!

On a bit of a lighter note.. and something to post right before I go to sleep... here are some updated pics of the 10gal tank that the bettas will call home
Here is a full view of the tank. I tryed making it look all nice wiht my new plants, but it just wasn't working out with the dang cabomba. Freaking bunched plants are HARD to get to stay put! So I just sorta jabs them down and left them where they would stay lol.
Alot of the plants are still really young though.. like the marble queens, java fern and probably the dwarf sag too, but I'm hoping they'll all do really well and grow out If these marble queens are anything like the one I cut them from, they're gonna be very big very fast growers (which I'm seeing as they're getting new leaves every other day)

And here is a shot of the left side which will house the female. This side has the filter and I figured the female would be able to handle a current from the filter better than a male.

And this is the right side which will be home to a male I'm totally in love with the rock that's in there. Would've gotten a rock for the other side, but I liked the vase decor and well.. I'm sticking with it for now heh. The java fern is looking very scraggly (came that way), but I'm hoping it will get a bit better with some TLC

I've been looking at another forums dedicated to bettas.. and I think if I see any I like, I might get me a CT male. CT female would be really nice as well, but I don't think I've ever seen one. Well actually, I could've but just never noticed.

shollia

Well... so much for my Bio-Spira coming early :-\
Guess I was expecting too much. It is friday after all and I'm sure UPS is busier then.. but *SIGH* WOuld've been nice to get it by now (almost 5pm).......................

I'm just so worried that it's going to come and be warm and unuseable. :-[

nmwierman1977

when did you order it? That shoul'd've been priority mail because it's a refrigerated item. They pack them really well too. It should still be cold. I live him Arizona and the times that I've ordered them it was in the 80's here the next day and they dropped it off at my door early in the morning. My husband didn't get home till 3:30 and when I got home at 4:30 it was still cold. They pack them in a little cooler and then wrap tem in 2 ice packs so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Natalie

chickadee

If you ordered from Drs. Foster and Smith then Fed Ex will be bringing it and they will get it there to you today. If you ordered somewhere else, I do not know. I have had it come in two days before and it was okay. They say if it is warm or at least not COLD it needs to go into the refrigerator to be recharged but is still okay. The cut off time is 1:00 pm CST for the shipment so if you ordered after that it will delay it a day.

I hope you get it tonight okay.

Your tank is absolutely lovely and I am sure that there are two little bettas out there who are going to be so fortunate to have you for their parent. I will be so happy for them, they will have a great home.

I had a baby crowntail female so I will try to send a picture of her. She was a darling little thing.

Rose

shollia

Awww... she look(s?)(ed?) so gorgeous

Well the shipment finally came at about 5pm. The Bio-Spira was cool... I used some right away on my 10gal and put the rest in the fridge (gonna wait a day to put in the other tanks to get more of the meds out).

We also went to Petsmart tonight and I just couldn't help myself.. I saw the bettas and NEEDED THEM NOW lol.
I wanted every single one of the females.. a lot of them just looked so depressed and not in good shape. They did have one that was the coloring type I wanted, but she just didn't look very healthy at all... like on the verge of dieing. I really don't want to have to go through that right now since I'm a new betta owner ya know?
So I got this other really pretty female. It's hard to tell what color she is.. she almost looks brown in the blue water they keep them in.
I also got a really pretty pastel blue crowntail male. It was between him and a VT red male with clear white on the edges of his tail. Both were VERY pretty, but the CT won me over b/c he's such a little firecracker.
Anywho! Tank isn't ready so they're gonna be going into some jars temporarily until the ammonia in the 10gal goes down alot.

I'll post pics as soon as they're out of their baggies and in their temp homes! YAY! I'm so excited!

chickadee

If you put Bio-spira in the tank it is ready now. How does it have ammonia in it with no fish having been in there? When I use Bio-spira there is about 3 minutes between shake the pouch and open and pour into the tank and then add the fish.

The cycle is complete when you add Bio-spira and while there will be a small ammonia spike it will not hurt your fish. In fact if you do not put fish into the tank and just put the Bio-spira in the bacteria will starve to death because it is the ammonia from the fish that keeps it alive. In a new tank there is nothing to feed it.

I hope this helps.

The little one I had (Misty) was very pretty. She was healthy too but when I tried to keep my 4 females in the same tank one of the others killed her.

Rose

shollia

Welp, they're in their temp homes right now. I feel a bit bad for having to put them in jars, but they're MUCH bigger than those aweful cups adn they are only temp! I'm really hoping to put them in tomorrow or Sunday. Until then though I'm gonna be keeping their water extra clean for them!

First up is the male... he's so cute! He's flaring away and just watching me.... The jar distorts their a bit, but this was the best pic to show his colors. He's so pretty  :-*

& another pic to show his finnage.

& another to show his grumpy little face.

And here are 2 pics of my gal! I didn't realize how red she was until I got her out of that blue water. She's like a brown/red.. very pretty!

Her checkin me out...

Thought she might be the calm one, but she's starting to show the fight in her!

OO I'm gonna have to think of some names now & of course there will be better pics when they're in their permanent homes

shollia

chickadee said:
If you put Bio-spira in the tank it is ready now.  How does it have ammonia in it with no fish having been in there?  When I use Bio-spira there is about 3 minutes between shake the pouch and open and pour into the tank and then add the fish.

The cycle is complete when you add Bio-spira and while there will be a small ammonia spike it will not hurt your fish.  In fact if you do not put fish into the tank and just put the Bio-spira in the bacteria will starve to death because it is the ammonia from the fish that keeps it alive.  In a new tank there is nothing to feed it.

I hope this helps.

The little one I had (Misty) was very pretty.  She was healthy too but when I tried to keep my 4 females in the same tank one of the others killed her.

Rose
Ohh there is ammonia in the water b/c I was doing fishless cycling with pure ammonia... I got impatient and just ended up buying some **** when I had the money

Oh I remember reading about that

nmwierman1977

Aw, they are so cute and look to be very young. Enjoy them. Natalie

0morrokh

They're so cute!!! (I mean the male is very handsome ) I know what you mean about never knowing what color they are till they're out of the cup. Both Cas and Dorado colored up a ton after buying them (Fuego was from my lfs which doesn't keep the Bettas in cups). Well, congrats on the new fishies and can't wait for more pics!! And can't wait to hear what you're going to call them!

cherryrose

8) You have some very lovely bettas. Can't wait to find out their names and see more pics! ;D

CherryRose

shollia

Alrighty... so I think I've found their names heh... yay for baby name sites! rofl....

The girl is Afia.... it's an african name meaning Given life on a Friday.. and well... I thought it fit well since I'm giving her a new life on a Friday

And the boy is going to be Raj... which means prince... cause well.. he's my lil prince and gonna be one spoiled fishy!

Cheesy? You betcha but I loves im!

schiz

I won't go in to the UPS horror stories since I worked for them during Christmas time, but I will say that the air packages, which is probrably, how it was sent are routinely late. Usually one of the supervisors drops them off with a driver in the afternoon so it might actually be later getting there or will be held at warehouse until following morning.

As far as the molly goes my best diagnoses is swim bladder disease, so long night of trying to help him get comfortable tonight. With him being somewhat stationary and slow moving had to remove him from the females as they were getting nippy.

gammerus

I absolutly love the girl she is adorable!

shollia

Not that I wasn't happy with my choice before.. but I'm really starting to just love my little Afia!
She's being very personable. Not shy at all and keeps staring at me lol.
Raj on the other hand is very skittish and shy atm. I really hope he'll grow out of this once he's in his main tank.

I can't wait to get some better pics of them both. The pics before really don't show just how pretty both are. Afia has like a chocolate colored body with red fins while my lil Raj has a very light lavender body with violet and red on his fins. *squeals* I've only had them for a few hours but I love them already! I only wish I could've gotten more.
They had this absolutely gorgeous white female that I would've loved to have had, but figured that she'd be more appealing to most ppl since she was white so I wanted to get one of the other maybe not so "attractive" colors (even though I love it heh).

Hrmmm... do bettas play with their food?
I know I know.. you're not supposed to feed new fish for 24hrs.. but I just had to give them something... I feel terrible for having to leave them in the jars right now so gave Afia a few pellets. She gobbled them right up.
I dropped one into Raj's jar, he slowly made his way to the top... took the pellet and spit it right back out. But he took it back in again, and spit it out.. again. They're very small pellets so it can't be that they're too big.
I thought it finally ate it so dropped another in which he took a bit more quicker. And now.. he's like spitting it in and out, but I swear when he spits it out he's playing with it. Cause he'll stare at it for a sec.. then swallows it, spits it out, watches it drop, wash rinse and repeat.
Maybe he just doesn't like the pellets. from what I was reading, a lot of peoples bettas seem to love hikarI pellets so that's what I got for them.
Oh well.. I have some freeze-dried blood worms I can give him too if he doesn't like the pellets.

Timesdragonfly

Hi! Congrats on your new fish! They are hansom/beautiful!!!!

shollia

Thanks

Okedoke.. so... I tested ammonia again today and it hasn't changed any. I guess the **** stayed warm for too long or something while they were delivering it so a lot of the bacteria must've died... OR there was too much ammonia in my tanks water and it ended up killing the bacteria... *shrugs*

I just got done draining most of the water out of the tank though. That was kinda rough near the end when I started using my mouth to try to get the syphon going.. didn't see a small thing of water and WHOOSH.. right down my throat it went... BLEH *gag*
Hope I don't get sick lol...

Anywho... I filled up the tank a little while ago.. need to put a lil more water in, but will be testing the ammonia again in about another hour to see where it's at. If it's at or near zero... I'll be adding more **** and then the bettas
If not, more water is coming out and going back in until it's at zero

nmwierman1977

You're supposed to dump the whole entire packet in there at one time, not a little at a time. That's probably why it's not working. Natalie

Phloxface

Make sure you shake the packet well before pouring it in. Best thing would be to change out all the water, pour the whole packet in and add the fish right away before the bacteria dies. After that NO water changes for 7 days. There will be a small ammonia spike but nothing that will hurt your fish.

shollia

nmwierman1977 said:
You're supposed to dump the whole entire packet in there at one time, not a little at a time. That's probably why it's not working. Natalie
I bought a 3 oz pack. I put in 1oz in my 10 gallon which is supposed to treat 30gallons.
*shrugs*
I've already done the big water change. Just tested it a little bit ago and got the ammonia down to 1.0. Did another change.. about 50% and if readings are below 1 in about an hour.... I'll be putting the bettas in.  ;D

The **** seems to be working in the 28 gallon though... tested it's water today and the ammonia is definitely going down in it.

nmwierman1977

shollia said:
nmwierman1977 said:
I bought a 3 oz pack. I put in 1oz in my 10 gallon which is supposed to treat 30gallons.
*shrugs*
I've already done the big water change. Just tested it a little bit ago and got the ammonia down to 1.0. Did another change.. about 50% and if readings are below 1 in about an hour.... I'll be putting the bettas in. ;D

The **** seems to be working in the 28 gallon though... tested it's water today and the ammonia is definitely going down in it.
OK, sorry I didn't kow you bought a 3 oz packet of it. My bad. ;D Natalie :-[

shollia

Alrighty... so into their homes they went! Boy the female was not happy at first, but they've been looking around a bit and I think they're getting used to it now. They're enjoying the cabomba alot. Am a bit worried that they can see eachother so well through the divider though.
Raj has been scoping out his territory with MUCH enthusiasm! heh He really likes the bubbles from the air stone.... he seems to like the heater as well which is worrying me cause I don't want him to get burned.
While my lil Afia I think is just enjoying all of the space. I just saw her inspecting one of the pink pieces of gravel in her tank (piece that didn't get dyed black all the way I guess) Oooo they're just so cute.
She's gonna have to get her muscles up though since there is a current on her side from the filter.

chickadee

They are both lovely and I hope that you are happy with them and they love the beautiful home you are giving them. You have some great babies. I love the names as well.

Raj and Afia, you are being welcomed to the Betta Board by Alexander, Blaze, JT and Nate wildly waving their fins and getting very excited about a couple of new members.

The little Raj will probably not eat the pellets. This is their behavior when the food is either not to their liking or when they cannot swallow it. Please do not continue giving him the pellets as he will not eat them and it will just foul the water. The HikarI pellets will be okay as they are some of the best for adult bettas but can still be too big for baby bettas. If he is a baby, they could still be too big. A few small pieces of bloodworm will do for a meal if he will eat them. (I have never seen a betta refuse them.) They are small yet so they can have 3 meals a day because they are growing and do not have a stomach big enough to hold enough to get them all the energy they are burning up in all the dashing about they do. BUT they need to be given one piece of food and then they need to be watched to chew the food up and swallow it before you give them another piece or they will overeat. Overeating will lead to eventual constipation and a constipated betta is no joke. They can and do die of constipation and it is not a pleasant death. You need to put them on a strict control on the amount that they are fed and then get them started on the pea treats a couple times a week. If you have not done so, the directions for feeding and the pea treats are in the following:

Congratulations and enjoy your little ones. There is nothing nicer than babies and new bettas are all babies.

Rose

Phloxface

If he's spitting the pellets it could be that it's too big still for him to chew or sometimes if he has never been fed pellets before, he may just not be used to the hard texture.  My females had a hard time with pellets too at first but within a few weeks they learned to love them. You could try soaking the pellet in a cup of water until it gets softer and then see if he eats it. Remove it if he won't eat. If he still won't then wait a few weeks and keep trying. It does take some time to get Bettas used to a new type of food especially if the texture is weird to them. One regular Betta pellet, twice a day is enough for a young Betta and two twice a day for an older Betta with other types of food such as pea or Daphnia as midday snacks. Soak the pellets in water and you will see how much they expand. With a tummy only the size of one eye you need to be careful with dry pellets that expand.
My fish had a hard time accepting Freeze-dried Daphnia at first because they were used to hard crunchy pellets and they didn't know what to do with the soft fluffy Daphnia. They spit it out quite a few times until they finally tried it and decided it was yummy. All are eating it now as well as their pellets.

shollia

K.. I'll try giving him some bloodworms then.
I tryed giving him pellets today after I put them into the tank.. female ate hers quickly, male was a bit too busy scoping out his joint.. so the pellet floated for a while, he did eat it though.. so I put another in, but he spit that one out. I'll start him on bloodworms and try pellets every once in a while after I soaked them

Thanks so much for all the info!
Oh and I have my bag of frozen peas ready to be used! I've been giving my other fish some while I was waiting to get my bettas heh.

0morrokh

Welcome Raj and Afia!!!!!

I'd say keep trying with the pellets. Dorado took quite a while to get used to them. First day wouldn't eat, next day ate a couple and then turned his nose up at the rest (at the time the pellets were all I had), but by now he eats anything I give him happily. Raj sounds like Dorado behaved when I was first trying to feed him pellets. So, may be that Raj just needs some time to get used to them. That's not to say that you shouldn't feed bloodworms, but imo fish should always have variety in their diet and so it would be good if you could get him to eat both pellets and bloodworms. (Btw, if you can get him to handfeed that'll probably help) Of course, make sure to scoop out any he doesn't eat.

shollia

Oh it's going to be hard trying to get him to take anything from me. At least for a very long while. I guess until he realizes I'm the one that feeds him heh. Right now the light is off in the aquarium & he's swimming around happily, but I know as soon as I turn them on, he's going right down to the bottom, behind some cabomba to hide from me like he's been doing lol
He watches me, but I don't think he quite trusts me yet lol.
Afia on the other hand seems to have figured out that I'm the one that brings the food lol.

I'm not sure if Afia likes the current on her side too much
She'll go to this one particular spot where the current seems to be pretty strong, she'll struggle against it for a little bit and then she'll let it push her into one of the cabomba.. always in the exact same spot and she'll always end up in the exact same position. She'll stay there for a minute and then she'll just swim away like nothing happened. It's really strange and I'm hoping she's just playing.  I'm gonna try to get bf to go out tomorrow or monday.. try to find something to make the water come out slower from the filter. Tryed putting a filter sponge in the way of the flow, but it's not doing anything  :-\
Oh and in the light of the tank... Afia definitely has some blue in her. Some of her scales are showing a blue hue to them. Her tail also has light blue stripes going through it. Will be interesting to see if she will change colors

Really wish I had more taller larger leaf plants in there for them to rest on. They really do like the cabomba, but the tops of the plants close up once the lights are off so they can't really rest on top of them. They have been resting in between the leaves, but then they have to wiggle out and up to get air. *shrugs* I'm sure they'll get used to it and figure something out.

Anywho! I've taken some pics.... I'll take more tomorrow as well and post them up! Really wish I knew how to work the camera better b/c my pics have been suckin lately. Can't get it to focus right, and then when it does, pic comes out too dark... or it's still too blurry.. etc etc.

chickadee

My little Nate was really small when he went into the 12 gallon because I needed the q tank for another fish with a problem and he could NOT swim in the current and I got a floating plant to block the current (a plastic anarchis ~ tall one and took off the bottom piece and let it float) It broke the current and gave him a chance to grow and build up his swimming muscles and I used a piece of plastic canvas over the outlet from the filter to break the flow up and it really helped. I have pictures of the baffle I made in one of the posts here. Just make sure that it covers the whole outlet or it just rushes about it. He has grown some and has more muscle now so I put the plant in the gravel and he swims all over the place with the baffle in place. When I take it off to clean it though he heads right for the bottom of the tank.

This is a really cheap solution and works so I hope it helps you to come up with an idea for your filter.

Rose

shollia

Where do you get plastic canvas from? Think something like that would be my only option to slow down the flow. *nodnod*

Anywho!

Here are some more pics! YAY! lol
I can't get it to focus on the fish for nothin >

Here is a pic of Afia's side after I had drained the tank and refilled it. I just thought it looked pretty with all the tiny bubbles on the cabomba. Looked like a minI little winter wonderland heh.

And here are some pics of Afia! YAY! I swear the camera just doesn't want to get a good picture of her. They either come out too dark, or too blurry

This was right after I put them in the tank.. you can see her sporting some stress? stripes.

And here are pics I took just a little while ago.

This is the best pic I've gotten of her so far that shows her colors... her tail is so pretty ;D

And here is my lil Raj! Only a few pics of him....
This is of him when I was floating them in their tank.

And one of him a little while ago flaring away at Afia.
The way the light hits him when he starts flaring makes him look grey... it's pretty weird heh.

nmwierman1977

He looks a lot like my Royell, only he has more lavendar in him and his head is yellow. They are absolutely adorable. Natalie

chickadee

That particular stuff I got at after searching "Plastic Canvas" but it is available at almost any craft store and the size that I bought for that is 14 to the inch. I got some at Walmart for a divider in the new tank but it is 7 to the inch so the holes are bigger. You need the 14 mesh to do the job of making baffles as the 7 mesh will just let the water fly right on through.

I would call around in your area at places where they sell craft supplies and tell them you need "14 mesh Plastic Canvas". I am sure you can find it. I only shop online all the time because I have to.

Rose

0morrokh

Both very beautiful fish. Good thing Dorado and Fuego can't see the pics of Afia. They might be tempted to jump out of the tank into the computer ;D
That last pic of Raj reminds me of Fuego, flaring away at his new girlfriend.

shollia

chickadee said:
That particular stuff I got at after searching "Plastic Canvas" but it is available at almost any craft store and the size that I bought for that is 14 to the inch.  I got some at Walmart for a divider in the new tank but it is 7 to the inch so the holes are bigger.  You need the 14 mesh to do the job of making baffles as the 7 mesh will just let the water fly right on through.

I would call around in your area at places where they sell craft supplies and tell them you need "14 mesh Plastic Canvas".  I am sure you can find it.  I only shop online all the time because I have to.

Rose

Thanks so much for the info!!!
We're going back to Petsmart tomorrow to return some fish that unfortunatly died and there is a Hobby shop right next to it. I'll see if I can find any there
I 'm still not sure if she likes the current or not. Sometimes I'll see her swimming against it like the good lil trooper she is, but then she'll do that thing where she lets it push her into the cabomba and then I swear she gives me the dirtiest looks

How quickly do bettas change colors? I swear every single time I look at Afia now, she has more of a blue-ish aqua hue/sheen to her.

I'm kinda worried about Raj's tail...it looks like something is attached to it. There are these 2 skinny white things that are hanging onto his tail fin. I looked at him closely and they don't look like a parasite. Whatever they are, it doesn't move/wiggle or anything.. just looks like some kind of debris is on his tail.
Could be parasites though b/c they both look the same. :-[
I'll try to get a picture of what I'm talking about.. probably won't be able to though.
What should I do if it is a parasite?

shollia

I swear my fish are going to give me ulcers! The things on his fins are gone. I guess they finally came off while he was scootin through the cabomba or something.... *SIGH*

0morrokh

Yeah they do tend to do that sometimes.
But then, one look from their cute little faces and they'll cure whatever ails ya ;D

shollia

Well, we went back to petsmart today.. and of course I couldn't help but look through their females. Looks like a lot of them are still there, but the white one that I had been debating whether to get over Afia, was dead in her cup.. :'(
Poor little things just don't have a chance. Wish I could've taken more of them home, but *sigh* you know how that goes....

0morrokh

Oh that's so sad to hear... :'(
But then, if she died so quickly it is likely the white one was already sick, and so maybe it was best that you didn't get her if she was beyond help...

shollia

Yeah but I still feel bad that she had to die in the horrible little cup.. and that the others probably will as well.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom