WooHoo, a bigger tank!!!!

1. Morgan Member Member

I am excited. My dad bought my mother a tank yesterday for only $20.00. It is almost a 73 galllon tank that came with a stand. Almost perfect condition, except a little cleaning was needed and some new silicone needs to be added. The stand is wood, homemade and not cheaply done. As my mother wanted only guppies, she does not want a tank that big. As I'd like a tank that big, she is going to take my 47 gallon and I'll take hers. Hum, now what other fish can I get....:drool:
    :;bananarow

2. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Hmmm...how about some Congo tetras? They'd work great with your current stocking.

Or if you're going to set up the 73 without moving your 46g stocking over, you could look into cichlids possibly?

Just a few ideas. Hope this helps.

Congratulations on the new tank!:;toast

3. Morgan Member Member

Oh, I have to transfer by babies over. My mother would be very unhappy if any of them ate her guppies. I have a gourami, cherry barbs, red eye tetras, blue flame tailed tetras, all I'm sure would love guppies.

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I understand. Larger tetras, possible pleco, emerald corydoras, the possibilities are virtually endless. What about angelfish?

5. Morgan Member Member

OOOh, Angelfish. I do want one of those. But I'd have to keep a good eye on it. What about a Dojo Loach too? Oooh, this s going to fun. :clapping: Thanks for the ideas. Will let the forum know what I get.

6. CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

Congrads on the bigger tank!!. It's always fun to get another tank and get new fishies!!.

7. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

That's great news about the bigger tank. Congrats!

I do have one concern though. You mentioned that silicone needs to be added to your tank. I'm sure you've done some research on your own already, but I just wanted to say that you'll need to completely strip the old seals off the tank and get it VERY clean before you reseal with new silicone. If you don't, the new silicone won't adhere very well to the old and you're in danger of a leak. If you need any help, I've done this several times and I can talk you through it. Actually, my husband and I just resealed a 75 gallon a few days ago and it's working out great in our living room now. :)

8. Morgan Member Member

Got it on the silicone. Had to do that for my 47 gallon that was a mess.