Woohoo 65W coralife 6700K!

JMatt1983
I finally got my new lights today! they are 65W coralife 6700K! can't wait to add more plants now! only thin s I think I mght need to get CO2 injections? since my WPG is pretty high now, i've only got the one java fern for now

Butterfly
Congrats! I love those lights!
Carol

JMatt1983
I'm beginnng to see why everyone likes them, I can see the fish colours so much better than with my 15W fluoro tube lol

COBettaCouple
Sounds like you need to post pics.

JMatt1983
I guess I do have to post, I'll show before and after

this is before with a 15W standard fluorescent bulb

14.jpg

and here are some afters with the new lights
this is the whole tank

15.jpg

my java fern

16.jpg

and my kribs and tetra

17.jpg

Butterfly
Yep definitely makes a difference Is the Java fern planted?
Carol

susitna-flower
Love your Kribs!! I'm jealous!! Oh, love your tank too...

JMatt1983
yes, the java fern is planted and has been doing well for the past 2 weeks, it was the reason for the light upgrade, I will be adding some other plants in he near future

thanks susitna! the kribs are my pride and joy of this tank, the krib in the first pic is the one that killed herself, the third pic is the one that I replaced her with

Butterfly
yes, the java fern is planted and has been doing well for the past 2 weeks, it was the reason for the light upgrade, I will be adding some other plants in he near future
The reason I asked if the Java fern was planted is because it has a Rhizome and should be attached to wood, rock or other above substrate items. The Rhizome will rot if planted. Heres some info on it.

I have various types of Java fern attached to wood and rocks, it's one of my favorite low light plants.
Carol

JMatt1983
yes, that part of the plant is actually above the substrate, its just the roots that are in the gravel, that was one of the questions I asked before I bought the plant. ths is the prt that I was told that needed to be above the substrate:
sorry, this is the best pic I could get

18.jpg

if this is not the correct setup I will gladly get a small rock to attach the fern to

COBettaCouple
Looks great and I love the Kribs especially!

JMatt1983
thanks, they are definitely my fav

Nessie!!!
Those are beautiful fish, looks like it took along time to cycle, right?

Nessie!!!
wait just one questin, I noticed you have mollies in a 10 gallon tank, are they about the same size as guppies? Because I'm starting a 14 gallon aquarium and on my list I have 3 guppies, if mollies are about the same size should I replace the guppies with mollies?

JMatt1983
Those are beautiful fish, looks like it took along time to cycle, right?

no it ddn't take that long, only about 3 weeks, its been cycled for quite a while, I just had a small problem with some debris in the water, that's why it looks cloudy in the pic.

as for the mollies, I have balloon mollies, they are a small species, only about 2" or so, some mollies grow to around 4". my 10G as it stands is a little overstocked, but I do about 2-3 WC per week

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ursinos
Top Bottom