Wood-grain Colored Tank Changed to Black?

JPH1970
My 29 gallon tank trim is a wood-grain color and my stand is black. These were given to me.

If i had a wood-grain colored stand, it wouldn't be so bad but I'm really liking the idea of covering up the tank trim with black.

The only options I see are black duct tape to cover the existing trim or paint. Since I hate painting anything and my hand is nowhere near steady enough, tape seems to be my only option, unless someone out there has another Idea

Betta'sAnonymous
If it is empty, lots of tape and a can of spray paint. Even with a brush, tape is your friend.

JPH1970
Betta'sAnonymous said:
If it is empty, lots of tape and a can of spray paint. Even with a brush, tape is your friend.
Nope, it's full and sitting in my living room.

Betta'sAnonymous
Tape, a 1 inch wide foam brush and some black paint!!

Or, maybe see if that wood is just like a decak wrap or something? I kind of like those tanks though...a certain cheezy factor to them

JPH1970
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Tape, a 1 inch wide foam brush and some black paint!!

Or, maybe see if that wood is just like a decak wrap or something? I kind of like those tanks though...a certain cheezy factor to them
Unfortunately, it's not a decal or wrap. It's permanent.

I hate paint! lol!!

pagoda
Fablon will do it, its very easy to use....you can move it before it really sticks for ever.

It comes in a variety of solid colours, including black, and also frosted glass type too, I use the frosted glass variant on the 20g long at one end as it cuts the sunlight & UV enough to stop algae but still allows daylight through.

Very easy to get, most hardware shops have it and places like Amazon too

JPH1970
I
pagoda said:
Fablon will do it, its very easy to use....you can move it before it really sticks for ever.

It comes in a variety of solid colours, including black, and also frosted glass type too, I use the frosted glass variant on the 20g long at one end as it cuts the sunlight & UV enough to stop algae but still allows daylight through.

Very easy to get, most hardware shops have it and places like Amazon too
I just found that on Amazon. I'm looking at the options but I wonder how easy is it to cut it into perfect 1 inch+/- strips?

pagoda
JPH1970 said:
I
I just found that on Amazon. I'm looking at the options but I wonder how easy is it to cut it into perfect 1 inch+/- strip?

Craft knife or similar and a ruler.....the backing has a pre-printed grid of 1 inch squares on it for guidance

JPH1970
pagoda said:
Craft knife or similar and a ruler.....the backing has a pre-printed grid of 1 inch squares on it for guidance
Thank you. I'll see if I can find plain black. Lots of options there

pagoda
JPH1970 said:
Thank you. I'll see if I can find plain black. Lots of options there
Black should be there, I had a roll of 4 meters last year

Several places sell it, not just Amazon, and all will cut to order and send it in the post or courier inside a poster tube

JPH1970
pagoda said:
Black should be there, I had a roll of 4 meters last year

Several places sell it, not just Amazon, and all will cut to order and send it in the post or courier inside a poster tube
Thanks!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom