Wondering if I could mix long fin serpaes with regular ones

Fishk

I have a 20 gallon long with 8 regular serpae tetras and might up the school to 12 or 15 its a species only tank rn. I was wondering if I could mix long fin serpaes with regular ones theres mixed reviews with them being to slow and more prone to being nipped at so wondering opinions on that.

I was also wondering if I just kept the 8 serpaes and added say 6 blackskirts tetras if they would be ok with eachother or is my tank to small? All opinions welcomed thanks

Kribensis27

I wouldn't do long finned serpaes with normal ones. The normal ones will target the long fins for bullying. I would stick to just more serpaes.

Upvote 0

ChrissFishes01

I'd do either all long-finned or all regular with the Serpaes - they're just a bit nippy. I had a school of Long-finned Serpaes and would LOVE to have a planted tank with tons of them, but they just don't fit into any of my tanks due to their temperament.

I think you'd be okay to mix black skirts with them. Any of the bulky tetras like that who stay small enough for a 20 should be fine, IMO. I personally love Black Neons - they get rather large (compared to what you see in the store), with a bright orange eye and a little bit of blue in their stripe. Gorgeous fish.

Upvote 0

Fishk

I wouldn't do long finned serpaes with normal ones. The normal ones will target the long fins for bullying. I would stick to just more serpaes.
Tysm for the reply
I'd do either all long-finned or all regular with the Serpaes - they're just a bit nippy. I had a school of Long-finned Serpaes and would LOVE to have a planted tank with tons of them, but they just don't fit into any of my tanks due to their temperament.

I think you'd be okay to mix black skirts with them. Any of the bulky tetras like that who stay small enough for a 20 should be fine, IMO. I personally love Black Neons - they get rather large (compared to what you see in the store), with a bright orange eye and a little bit of blue in their stripe. Gorgeous fish.
Ty for the reply and advice so would you reccomend 8 serpeas and 6 skirt tetra in a 20 ik there temperment restricts me

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aoneill
Replies
Views
Shael
  • taniastecroix
  • Tetras
Replies
Views