Wondering how many people keep back-ups?

BigManAquatics
Just wondering how many people keep back-up!

Advertisement
Mudminnow
I don't keep back ups per se. But, I do set up my tanks with redundancy in mind. I used two small pumps instead of one big one, two small heaters instead of one big one, etc. This way, if something fails, my tank can get by until I replace the thing that failed.

StarGirl
I don't ....lol too many stores 5 minutes from me. I have been looking though.

Advertisement
BigManAquatics
I don't keep back ups per se. But, I do set up my tanks with redundancy in mind. I used two small pumps instead of one big one, two small heaters instead of one big one, etc. This way, if something fails, my tank can get by until I replace the thing that failed.
Redundancy is my thing! Plus back-ups!

Sofiafish17
I said yes but I do have a back up air pump, and in an emergency I could get to my LFS for a sponge filter piece and a heater within the same day. I also have a pretty warm room, so the heater being down for a few hours would be bad but not fatal.

Advertisement
Pfrozen
Heater is okay unless it gets stuck 'on.' I plan on picking up an inkbird within a couple months though. I don't use an air pump anymore and I run a backup filter anyways I have a battery powered air pump and spare sponge in case of a longer power outage too so I should be good for most emergencies hopefully

jinjerJOSH22
We luckily have plenty though the room temperature is over 20 and Gourami are perfectly adapt at handling little oxygen.

StarGirl
We luckily have plenty though the room temperature is over 20 and Gourami are perfectly adapt at handling little oxygen.
Im guessing you guys probably do.... All the stuff you broke down.

Leeman75
I have only recently in the last couple of months accumulated backups of things. I have a sponge filter in my 29 gallon clown puke tank that is only in there so that it is cycled for an emergency in another tank. I also have an extra brand new heater that I got recently and I'm not sure why I thought I needed it.

Overall, I have found that it's fun to buy fish things when my tanks can't take more stocking and I'm not allowed to buy new tanks. I have problems.

ayeayeron
I dont really keep backups on purpose, I more just have that random HOB that for some reason is as loud as a garage door and that random collection of 50w heaters, and that extra 20g air pump, and that 5g... and that other weird waterfall filter...... you get the point. I buy better products and don’t throw my old ones away, so worse case scenario there’s something to at least kind of fall back on.

fallfever
There are two kinds of heaters...those that are broke and those that will break, so I keep extras. Besides, who uses stores? I'm an online shopper. I like variety. So much that I probably have enough backup stuff for the entire forum.

Nessaf
I have two or more filters on my tanks so if one fails there is still filtration of some kind. Heaters I only have one of, but Walmart is just down the street.

mattgirl
I am not sure how to answer the poll. I don't know if is asking if I have backups or if I don't. I answered no because I do have backups and also more than one filter in each tank. Should anything quit on me I have new ones to replace them be it filter, heater, air pump and even lights. If something breaks I use my replacement and then I buy a replacement for my backup to assure I always have at least one backup for each needed item. I have been in this hobby for a very long time though so have had lots of time to collect stuff.

MoshJosh
I don't have a generator. . . so in theory there are circumstances that I am not prepared for. . . but. . .

I have extra pumps, extra heaters, my tropical fish are in a room with a gas fireplace I can heat the room with during power outages, I have extra tanks, and 4 fish stores within 20 minutes drive.

pagoda
All my aquariums came as kits...heater/filter included...I use external filters and a specific heater on all aquariums. The filters and heaters that came with the aquariums stay in their boxes and are stored in the hall cupboard just incase of any issues with the externals or heaters in use.

jmaldo
When I started never really thought about it. Especially with all the Big "P" stores and LFSs within 20 mins or so.
But... I did catch the MTS bug. I have been somewhat successful breeding fish and growing plants and selling for a bit online and now locally.
At one point I had 6 tanks and 2 grow out tubs and equipment for all. I have scaled back was down to 3 tanks and plans change from time to time. Right now 5 tanks about to take down 2.
So depending on circumstances, I do have extra equipment which can be considered back-ups.
I suppose.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
PerfectSatyr683
  • Question
Replies
Views
MacZ
  • Question
Replies