Wonder why the Oscar messing around Live plants?

DefFishLover

Reaction score
Hello-- I was wonder why the Oscar messed with the Live Plants??? I bought 2 Plants . When I got off work and saw the plants is everywhere. I was **** alittle bit. They 've must be eating the live plant or what? if they mess with plants again. I will buy a fake Plants for good

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
u can't keep live plants in oscar tanks. oscars will always mess with live plants. unfortunately u have to keep fake plants

DefFishLover

Reaction score
Yeah you're right.. The live plants were cheap price anyway.. the Fake Plant kinda alot money haha.. Do u have live plant or a fake?

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i have fake plants in all my tanks. Keeping live plants is very hazerdous and it requires a lot of hard work. but they r good for the fish and water condition.

Radcliffe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Neville said:
i have fake plants in all my tanks. Keeping live plants is very hazerdous and it requires a lot of hard work. but they r good for the fish and water condition.
Live plants are hazerdous to keep?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well, from what i know of it, live plants do bring potential problems. One is snails. Sometimes a live plant will come with some tiny snails or eggs on it that quickly multiple and overrun the tank, killing or starving the fish. And you have to keep up on any dead/dying leaves as they can give off a lot of ammonia.

griffin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i guess it might be considered "hazardous," but i don't know that i would call it more "hazardous" than say, fish?

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Oscars uproot any plants in their tanks. I had some years ago and did some research on them because mine were doing the same thing. The theory I read was that they're eliminating any hiding places for fish that are threats to their eggs.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oscars pretty well arrange their tanks how they like them that includes plants, rocks and anyother decor they want to move.
Carol

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
griffin said:
i guess it might be considered "hazardous," but i don't know that i would call it more "hazardous" than say, fish?
yeah, keeping fish is also very "hazardous" but i really really enjoy that 'hazard'

griffin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
hehe, i would agree with that one, and with keeping a planted tank. living on the edge

DefFishLover

Reaction score
Yea I noticed the plant.. and I plan get fake plants soon.. my fish always hiding behide the rock. >. they not happyness when i walked by tanks. What a werid! OScar is.. Before my old Oscar enver hide , she was happy land looking at me when i walk by them

Old Sloppy

Valued Member
Reaction score
My Oscars rip out my fake plants quite often.
In fact, I have to buy new ones from time to time.

Harry S.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom