Question Wonder Shell? Natural Shells? Snail Shells? Calcium?

K8lin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
has anyone uses wonder shell to add calcium to their tanks?
I have well water which was doing great for everyone but the water softener got changed over a month ago and my mystery and nerite shells started to deteriorate so I added a small wonder shell to see if it will help. I also got empty natica shells which I boiled to add calcium to the tank and because they're pretty.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience using this wonder shell product or other?
unfortunately both of my snail pals were hiding so I couldn't get a picture of the deterioration on them but found a similar problem on the internet of what it looks like.
20190714_160959.jpg
20190714_160952.jpg
Screenshot_20190714-161558_Google.jpg

Skavatar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
old shells will help, wondershell should help since it contains calcium and other minerals.

but what is the pH, GH, and KH of your tap water? a water softener could remove too much minerals. most systems have a bypass valve so that you can utilize non-softened water.

K8lin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
old shells will help, wondershell should help since it contains calcium and other minerals.

but what is the pH, GH, and KH of your tap water? a water softener could remove too much minerals. most systems have a bypass valve so that you can utilize non-softened water.
I just tested using the API kit and the gh was 1 and the kh was 2, So pretty heckin soft right now.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom