Woke up to serpae missing an eye, any suggestions?

HenryC

I feel like it was another serpae that did it, cause I've seen there's a big one always chasing the others around. The poor dude is missing his eye, completely. There's an empty socket!
He seems absolutely fine despite this, he eats and swims around, but oyu can see he's a bit off, maybe because he's adapting to it?

The tank has an assortment of peaceful tetras including neons, glass bloodfins and rummynoses, as well as a male betta, a paradise fish, 2 dwarf gouramis, a german blue ram and about 8 albidno cories. Every other fish is peaceful, I've made sure of it, not even the betta bothers anyone. Pretty sure it was another serpae.

Any suggestions? Do you think the guy will live? I've been dosing paraguard for his wound and feeding garlic to boost his system. There are 6 serpaes including him, should I get more serpaes to tone down aggression?

Thanks! Here's a pic of the poor guy (kind of disturbing): Btw the white spots are not ich, they're tiny air bubbles from my spray bar.

RyanC14

As long as the tank has good parameters and he's acting normal he should be fine. It seems healed so there's probably little risk for infection.

JettsPapa

I have one with one eye also. I think he came from the store that way, but I'm not sure. I've never treated it, but the fish seems fine. I named him Jack (those of you who've played poker will understand why). He's the only fish I've ever named.

HenryC

Thanks! Parameters are on point, I do regular water changes and the tank is heavily planted. I think the guy will be fine then!

kallililly1973

I have one with one eye also. I think he came from the store that way, but I'm not sure. I've never treated it, but the fish seems fine. I named him Jack (those of you who've played poker will understand why). He's the only fish I've ever named.
Too bad there wasn’t a “ clever” emoji

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aoneill
Replies
Views
americanninja
Replies
Views
kiramon2
  • Question