wisteria sprouting new growth

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
my wisteria plant has started sprouting new growth from the tops-- but the leaves are entirely different than the leaves that are below??? not to mentionj i think my platy fry have been munchiung on the roots-- so there are loose floaties each day-- can i re-root the new growth and will it eventually turn into the original witeria leaves???? ??? LILA

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I think that's a good question for the Plant Geeks, lol Here:

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
thanks will check them out!! LILA

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When plants grow out of the water their leaves tend to be different. These are "emersed" leaves. Same thing happens if you buy a plant that has been grown emersed, when you plant it it sheds its emersed leaves(and we think it's dieing) and grows submerged leaves. Soon your Wisteria will be all across the top of your water and be very pretty. oh and the platy fry probably are munching on microscopic critters growing in the roots as well as some of the tiny rootlets, shouldn't hurt your plants.
Carol

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
yeah -- i noticed each day that the new growth is taller and taller-- but i'm afraid that the rest of thier roots will get eaten too-- i will wait and see though-- thanks-- LILA

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom