Wisteria Leaves Vs Light

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by leftswerve, Apr 13, 2018.

1. leftswerve

leftswerve Well Known Member Member

Upper new vs lower old leaves in pic. Which is grown with more light? Or is there another reason for the difference?
    I know it has nothing to do with emersed growth.
    Thanks
    20180413_211844.jpg

2. SFGiantsGuy

SFGiantsGuy Well Known Member Member

That MAY be leaf burn... (if the plant's tall already that is...) Doubt it's a Nitrogen deficiency...hmmm......

3. TexasGuppy

TexasGuppy Well Known Member Member

I think he's asking for about the rather large new leaves as opposed to the tiny thin originals. I only see some glare/slight focus issue from the camera lens around the edges, I don't think there is any damage.

4. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

The new leaves will split as they grow... At least mine do.

5. OP
    OP
    leftswerve

Here's the original pic. Pretty sure It's a lighting issue. The broad new leaves are less light. Thanks for the help
    20180413_161500.jpg

6. Tsin21

Tsin21 Well Known Member Member

I've read somewhere before that it also has something to do with temperature, if i'm not mistaken.

7. CraniumRex

CraniumRex Well Known Member Member

I think it may be a combination of less light, and that's just how they grow. With moderate/high light, my new growth is almost all coming out with pinnate leaves, but temp/light changes I've read can create the broad leaves in new growth. They should develop into pinnate leaves eventually. New growth = good!

8. OP
    OP
    leftswerve

Updated pic with more light added
    20180502_162837.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice