wisteria advice anyone?

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello, Well my wisteria was doing fabulously and I kind of messed up. Well I was trying to clean really good and a few kept popping up and.. well ...I ended up moving ALL of them to different spots. :-[ That was awhile ago, right after they started looking really bad...They would already droop a lil because of all the waters changes I had done but they really drooped and shrunk. They got kinda thin leaves curled looking and just didn't look healthy. After awhile though I noticed some more roots. I looked at the bottom of my aquarium and see tons of roots. They seem to have rooted better than before and have all kinds of new beautiful leaves and shoots coming out all over. and I'm getting new little plants from somewhere too. My question is that there are a bunch of leaves that don't seem to have 'recovered' they are a darker green and are actually transparent looking or have transparent spots when I study them really close and they just look dirty. I didn't know If I should cut them off though because they don't look dead and that would be a big majority of the leaves but IDK what do you think? The wisteria is definitely on the come back so I want to help as much as I can.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How long has the Wisteria been in your tank & what shape are the effected leaves? I'm thinking that perhaps there is some emmersed growth on your plants & that is starting to die off & be replaced by the submerged growth. Is it possible for you to post a close up photo of the plant/leaves?

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry the pic is not super great. Around 8-9 weeks. There are broader leaves too and ones that are elongated like.

On the left you can sort of see some of the newer leaves coming out on top. Others have more of the better clean leaves.

x

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The leaves that have thinning patches on them are emmersed growth. They will slowly die off & be replaced by the other shape leaves which will end up having a lacey sort of look to them when they get larger. What your seeing is perfectly normal & nothing at all to worry aobut. Now that you have the new growth you can either manually remove the original shape leaves or you can just let them drop off naturally.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
x

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads