Wish me luck!! 5 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tunastrack, Dec 13, 2012.

1. tunastrack

tunastrack Well Known Member Member

So tomorrow I am heading out to Petsmart because the heater I bought 3wks or so ago for my new 60 gal has broken on me already...(wont buy the cheapest this time). I will also be looking into some cories if they are on sale at mine. It seems tho my store sometimes misses these sales. Prob because it is a smaller stocked store.

Anyway, when I was there last, there was this beautiful almost all BLACK HM Betta there that really got my attention. I even carried him around for a time. But then I decided against it because I just have so much else going on with my tanks right now. However, I just can not get this betta out of my mind!! For the past 2 weeks I just keep thinking about him, and how much I regret not buying him when I saw him. As I had never seen a black betta before until him. I really wish I had bought him right on the spot...So I am really hoping against hope really, that he is still there. So wish me luck!!....

So has anyone else ever come across a really stand out fish that they really liked but didnt get and then regretted it later???

2. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

I'd order an AquaTop heater from Amazon.com, personally, because I have one and it's awesome. You don't sound like you have the time to do so, though.

I have a betta I can't get out of my mind...a really neat blue with white and purple edging on his fins...I've got myself pretty much convinced I don't have a place for him, though.

Good luck getting him!
    If I ever get fish from Petsmart again I'll be treating them with Levamisole in QT. :/ My Petsmart fish were the ones that turned up with camallanus and apparently the Levamisole may be a cycle-killer.

3. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hi Tuna,

Keep us posted. I hope the fish you want is still there. :)

Heaters...I recommend the Aqueon Pro.

Ken

4. A

AlanGreene Well Known Member Member

Good luck!!!

Yes, every discus I ever see I wish I had bought :p

5. OP
    OP
    tunastrack

Eieena, yes it is a cycle killer hun. I thought I told you that? Since he will be by himself, I wont be using it on him but the others if I get them will in QT.

Thanks all!!

6. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

My first betta girl was like that.
    I saw her, came home and kept talking about her.
    Hubby went and got her for me. :)

Right now we have Scarrrr a beautiful red betta boy.
    I passed him up but went and got him the next day.

I left one a couple of years ago. A beautiful green/beige little fellow.
    I still regret not getting him

Bettas sure have a way of getting into our heads don't they?

Good luck with your shopping today!

7. OP
    OP
    tunastrack

Well he was gone :(.....;However, I did pick up another green cory missing the same eye as the one I adopted back a couple of months ago. Because of disease in the tank, I had not been able to add to his school. So he was in there with 5 spotted cories, but he just never "fit in" well with them. The one today is missing the same exact eye, all tho his looks like he had one and it was sucked right off or something. I got two more that I bought to make it a more suitable school. Well the original one is sooooo sweet!!! He is like all over the others as if to say..OMG I missed you I missed you!!!! It is heart warming!! Im kinda hoping he is trying to mate actually. Thats kinda what it looks like. I am glad that I was able to give them both a happy healthy home. When they get more in I think I will add to their school a bit more. 1 or 2 tops tho.

And yes Lucy they truly do. I really regret getting him. It is very unusual to find a black betta half moon in the retail pet stores. I really hope he went to an experienced loving new home. Im so affraid that he went to a tiny little bowl :(...

8. Magoo

Magoo Fishlore VIP Member

Hello Tuna I'm sure he found a loving home these things happen it wasn't meant to be. At least you got your cory :) I bet it's really cute seeing the other getting all excited :)

9. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

I would still have used it. They can be spread in water droplets.

Sorry to hear he was gone :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice