Winter Project

1. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Well, since i wont be getting any tanks soon, i decided to change the 35 a little bit. I will switch to sand substrate simply because the fish will enjoy it more, and so will my raphael cat. Also... i havent quite decided yet, but i want to make an addition to the tank as well while i rescape, but i am unsure yet.

2. MissMTS Fishlore VIP Member

Sounds cool Tony :) Your fish will love the sand! I have sand in my CA aquarium and my cichlids are always digging in it. What are you thinking as far as a new addition?

3. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks kate, i will start washing it down tomorrow, i finish school tomorrow so everything will be easier haha.

I am not quite sure... but i want something big LOL i know, not alot of room, but i was thinking of something like a red devil, but i still have to read up. If not then just a small group of africans :;dk but i want to stay SA LOL

Maybe a severum... but i need something with a temper as my dominant female con will absolutely kill whatever is new...

4. MissMTS Fishlore VIP Member

A red devil definitely won't work, lol (they need at least a 5 foot tank). What do you have in there right now?

5. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL i know, too big for my tank huh? Right now i have 2 female convicts (1 is 2 inches the other is 4-5) and a raphael cat :)

6. MissMTS Fishlore VIP Member

Some of the smaller fancy plecos work great with CA cichlids. I have also found rainbowfish to be really good looking dithers. I don't know if I would add any more cichlids to your tank since its only 35 gallons. Maybe a 3rd female con would work... a pink one would be cool :)

7. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL the other day my LFS had some, but they were tiny, and would probably die in there :;dk maybe 2 instead of one? that way she wont bother the same fish twice :;dk

8. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Sounds like a great project Tony. Good luck and keep us updated. Btw, I think you need a 55g. :)

9. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

I think i DO need a 55g ;D LOL

i could get an african tank :rolleyes: LOL

:)

i will keep you all updated on the project LOL

10. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

What about something that has to do with christmas? Since christmas is just around the corner? ;D

11. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

what do you mean? in the tank? that would be interesting ;D

12. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

UPDATE: never mind, i started washing out the sand today and i hated the color, it almost looks like plane dirt. So its a nono, besides i think gravel will be easier for me LOL

I'll just rescape and throw in the little piano deco i've got :)