Winter Project

1. Tony G.

Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Well, since i wont be getting any tanks soon, i decided to change the 35 a little bit. I will switch to sand substrate simply because the fish will enjoy it more, and so will my raphael cat. Also... i havent quite decided yet, but i want to make an addition to the tank as well while i rescape, but i am unsure yet.

2. MissMTS

MissMTS Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Sounds cool Tony :) Your fish will love the sand! I have sand in my CA aquarium and my cichlids are always digging in it. What are you thinking as far as a new addition?

3. OP
    OP
    Tony G.

Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks kate, i will start washing it down tomorrow, i finish school tomorrow so everything will be easier haha.

I am not quite sure... but i want something big LOL i know, not alot of room, but i was thinking of something like a red devil, but i still have to read up. If not then just a small group of africans :;dk but i want to stay SA LOL

Maybe a severum... but i need something with a temper as my dominant female con will absolutely kill whatever is new...

4. MissMTS

Ratings:
    +27
    A red devil definitely won't work, lol (they need at least a 5 foot tank). What do you have in there right now?

5. OP
    OP
    Tony G.

Ratings:
    +20
    LOL i know, too big for my tank huh? Right now i have 2 female convicts (1 is 2 inches the other is 4-5) and a raphael cat :)

6. MissMTS

Ratings:
    +27
    Some of the smaller fancy plecos work great with CA cichlids. I have also found rainbowfish to be really good looking dithers. I don't know if I would add any more cichlids to your tank since its only 35 gallons. Maybe a 3rd female con would work... a pink one would be cool :)

7. OP
    OP
    Tony G.

Ratings:
    +20
    LOL the other day my LFS had some, but they were tiny, and would probably die in there :;dk maybe 2 instead of one? that way she wont bother the same fish twice :;dk

8. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Ratings:
    +1,364
    Sounds like a great project Tony. Good luck and keep us updated. Btw, I think you need a 55g. :)

9. OP
    OP
    Tony G.

Ratings:
    +20
    I think i DO need a 55g ;D LOL

i could get an african tank :rolleyes: LOL

:)

i will keep you all updated on the project LOL

10. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +13
    What about something that has to do with christmas? Since christmas is just around the corner? ;D

11. OP
    OP
    Tony G.

Ratings:
    +20
    what do you mean? in the tank? that would be interesting ;D

12. OP
    OP
    Tony G.

Ratings:
    +20
    UPDATE: never mind, i started washing out the sand today and i hated the color, it almost looks like plane dirt. So its a nono, besides i think gravel will be easier for me LOL

I'll just rescape and throw in the little piano deco i've got :)