Winning a Lottery

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Isabella, Apr 19, 2006.

?

What would you spend your money on if you won a lottery?

1. fish tank !!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. charity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. education

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. house

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. car

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. own business

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. investment(s)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. pay off loan(s)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. travel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. parties

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. material goods

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Isabella

IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Somewhere in the polls, someone mentioned "winning a lottery". That gave me a certain idea. I'd like to know what you would do if you won a lottery. That is, what would you do with the money? What would you spend it on, or perhaps treat it as savings, etc. Feel free to both write about it and check the options above - you may choose as many as you wish. If there is no option you're looking for, again, write about it. Can't wait to hear your responses :)

2. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

fish tank Charity, house car travel own a business and education

3. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Pay off my student loans!!!!! Wahoo!!! Set up college funds for the grandchildren, set the kids up so they don't have to struggle so much, buy a house, travel, Make sure mine and hubbys parents never have to want for anything ever again, Then I'm sure i could figure out how to spend some on fish somewhere in there ;)
    Carol

4. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

I first would get a lot of awesome fish tanks, and an umbrella cockatoo, a yellow head amazon, and several other parrots, and I would buy lots of 3-5 gallon tanks and save bettas. If I had enough, I would open an awesome fish store! keeping bettas in tanks, with other fish probably, and treating the tanks like they're my home tanks! And giving people the right information.

5. atmmachine816

atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

I'd give some to charity, savings and then make my own petstore specilizing in fish with proper care for all animals and advice given, but that won't happen.

6. OP
    OP
    Isabella

IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Carol, you're still paying off your college loans? That's such a long time! And that scares me because I am thinking about taking out a loan for graduate school. I'd really like to go to graduate school after I get my Bachelor's, only those of the better grad. schools are so expensive in NY that I might have to take out some loan. But the consolation is that once you're done with grad. school, you should be able to pay the loan off without greater problems.

Anyway, now my turn :) If I won a lottery ... oh boy, of course the first thing would be to get a 125-200 G tank! Or 2 of them LOL :) Or rather, to get that tank after graduate school and when I have my own place (this would save me the trouble of transportation). I'd pay for my graduate school. I'd also spend the money on a new car and my own house! I'd give a good portion to charity as well. If there'd be anything left, lol, I'd spend some on traveling around the world :) Would love to see the entire world!

7. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Isabella don't panic. I've only been out of college for four years :) I waited until all my children were out and settled before I went and got my degree.
    but the interest eats upyour payments and it seems like it will never end :(
    Carol

8. atmmachine816

atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Did your parents help pay for your college?

9. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I'd buy a farm, with stables, a fishroom, etc and every animal in the book... ::) Then I'd give some to charity... I don't know what I'd do with the rest (that is if there was any left ;D)...I'm too young to think about money managment ;D ::)

10. wolfman21Valued MemberMember

Pay for college, a house and a car, then get a big fish tank

11. Neville

NevilleWell Known MemberMember

yeah, i'll also pay my varsity fees, then i'd like to buy a car and an expensive guitar.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice