Windows vista help.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I want to get the ultimate version. I tried using the vista visor but it keeps saying I am using to many programs when nothing is up. I may have all the requirements.

I want to know if the ultimate will work.

Its a 1.1 GHZ hard drive.

and has everything else.

but I dont get what it means about direct x 9

Any help would be greatly appeciated.

EDITED TO ADD: Here are the requirements and my comp has all
1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

1 GB of system memory

40 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space

Support for DirectX 9 graphics with: <<<<< here is what I dont get

WDDM Driver

128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)

Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware

32 bits per pixel

DVD-ROM drive

Audio Output

Internet access (fees may apply)

www.windowsvista.com

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
inuyasha_lover_21 said:
Its a 1.1 GHZ hard drive.
Gigahertz is used to describe a CPU's clock speed. Hard drives are measured in gigabytes, and I'm gonna assume you don't have a 1.1 GB hard drive, and that you are actually talking about your processor. If that's the case, I'd be nervous going with Vista Ultimate because those requirements you listed said it needs 1 GHz, which I'm going to assume is the bare minimum. I get nervous going with bare minimums for requirements.

inuyasha_lover_21 said:
Support for DirectX 9 graphics with: <<<<< here is what I dont get
I think that it means you have to have a graphics card that supports DirectX 9. I'm not positive though. What kind of graphics card do you have?

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah sorry thinking about the engagement I made to this girl lol. Yeah its 1.1 GHZ processor. I really wantt he ultimate cause I am doing gaming adn business. I have everything backed up. If it dont work I will just resell it or get a new PC that can handle it and switch back to XP.What do you think?

I dont know what graphics card I have but like I said I will try the software and if it dont work I will keep it and use it on my new PC

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
- try going here & see if it helps. You might need a newer version of Direct X installed and i think this link will help you get the best version you can on your PC.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Now after I download this will this be stuck in my computer after I upgrade to windows vista?

Thank you both for your help I really do appeciate it. I am more into being a gaming nerd than a computer wiz

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I went to school for computer science, but I just got a 2 year degree which focused more on software...but I also worked on campus as a tech, so I learned some stuff...but I'm envious of those geeks who really know their stuff!!

Just a little FYI, to find out what graphics card you have, do this:

My Computer > Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager button > Display Adapters

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
inuyasha_lover_21 said:
Now after I download this will this be stuck in my computer after I upgrade to windows vista?

Thank you both for your help I really do appeciate it. I am more into being a gaming nerd than a computer wiz
I've not done an upgrade to vista unfortunately so i can't say for sure, but it should stay on your computer when you do.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok thank you so much for your help. I have to go sell my laptop to get vista ultimate. I never use my laptop anway

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom