Will Yellow Coris Wrasse Jump

GetFreshedAquariums

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yesterday I got a yellow coris wrasse (sometimes called banana wrasse (its not the huge type))
I normally have lids on my reef but I want to remove them as I enjoy the look of a Lidless reef. If I remove the lids on my reef will my wrasse jump?

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
All Wrasses will jump at some point. Keep the lid on your tank unless you want your fish to go carpet surfing. Also having a lidless tank means you will deal with more evaporation and it will be more prone to having unwanted debris to fall in the tank. You could compromise by getting glass tops for your tank (that's what I went with on my new 90).

GetFreshedAquariums

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Jesterrace said:
All Wrasses will jump at some point. Keep the lid on your tank unless you want your fish to go carpet surfing. Also having a lidless tank means you will deal with more evaporation and it will be more prone to having unwanted debris to fall in the tank. You could compromise by getting glass tops for your tank (that's what I went with on my new 90).
Ok thanks. I have glass tops and unless I clean them every or every second day they get filthy

Nart

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Actually - pretty much all fishes have the ability to jump out. It's just a matter of when.

Why not make a mesh top? Some aluminum window frames and a mesh screen. You can easily make one.
Bulk Reef Supply sells a kit to make them or if you go to my thread here: Nart's Im10 Fusion Build
In my first posts you'll see my DIY lid screen.

GetFreshedAquariums

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Nart said:
Actually - pretty much all fishes have the ability to jump out. It's just a matter of when.

Why not make a mesh top? Some aluminum window frames and a mesh screen. You can easily make one.
Bulk Reef Supply sells a kit to make them or if you go to my thread here: Nart's Im10 Fusion Build
In my first posts you'll see my DIY lid screen.
Ok thanks

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom