Will Welding Gloves Work

MileyMorkie

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This doesn't have to do with the native Alberta Wild Rose anywhere or in my garden.

I don't know the name of these plants but I HATE THEM. There is at least 10 species of these jerks that thrive all over the suburban and rural areas of my city.

What gloves are best for this? Mainly in terms of (a) thickness, (b) penetrability, (c) dexterity, and (d) length up the arm.
I'm thinking those big suede/leather worker or welding gloves. What do you think?

A few fun facts about my experiences with these plants:
Just after I learned to ride a bike without training wheels when with my grandmother at her neighbour hood. There was a small flat bridge with little pits on either side, I lost control and me and my bike went into a crater with many spiky plants.

When I was little I alway thought some dandelion plants turned into the spiky ones.

I'm going to use the thorny/spiky plants for my first bonfire. Well not "first" as in I've never done it, mostly first as in the fire in our fire pit and at our house in general.

Skavatar

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
thistle plants? maybe.

or kallililly1973 a propane tank with torch attachment
Lincoln Electric Inferno Propane Torch Kit-KH825-01 - The Home Depot

OP
MileyMorkie

MileyMorkie

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Skavatar said:
thistle plants? maybe.

or kallililly1973 a propane tank with torch attachment
Lincoln Electric Inferno Propane Torch Kit-KH825-01 - The Home Depot
Just looked it up, yes one of the noxious plants I deal with is a thistle.

OP
MileyMorkie

MileyMorkie

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
kallililly1973 said:
Burn em where they stand. Then you don't need to touch them with anything except a match
I'd love to burn em all like that if it weren't for the fact they like to grow really close to the garage or house walls, lol. Good idea though!

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
MileyMorkie said:
I'd love to burn em all like that if it weren't for the fact they like to grow really close to the garage or house walls, lol. Good idea though!
Ahhh yea sorry I forgot to add that to my post. Could u snip them at the bottom with a good pair of shears and just drag them to your firepit with a rake?

OP
MileyMorkie

MileyMorkie

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
kallililly1973 said:
Ahhh yea sorry I forgot to add that to my post. Could u snip them at the bottom with a good pair of shears and just drag them to your firepit with a rake?
I have to uproot or yank them out. Like all weeds if most of it isn't removed it'll come back for sure.

New Threads