Will this tank still work?

AcornTheBetta
Hi all! I recently got a tank for free along with some other equipment. Now that I have taken a careful look at it, I notice that some of the glass at 3/4 of the corners has chips in it. Do you think this tank will work long term? Thanks
Pics:

Athena42
AcornTheBetta said:
Hi all! I recently got a tank for free along with some other equipment. Now that I have taken a careful look at it, I notice that some of the glass at 3/4 of the corners has chips in it. Do you think this tank will work long term? Thanks
Pics:
How big is the tank?

AcornTheBetta
Athena42
AcornTheBetta said:
10 gallon tanks are a dime a dozen just go find another free 1 that doesn't have any problems. Or If you keep it I would put new aquarium sealant in the corners min.

Kribensis27
I would be too paranoid to use it. 10 gallons are everywhere, you should be able to find another free one without too much effort.

AcornTheBetta
Kribensis27 said:
I would be too paranoid to use it. 10 gallons are everywhere, you should be able to find another free one without too much effort.
Only problem is my mom said, "If this tank doesn't work, I guess you'll have to live with what you have". Meaning, if this tank doesn't work, I won't be able to upgrade Acorn. I'll see if I can work my magic tho...

Kribensis27
AcornTheBetta said:
Only problem is my mom said, "If this tank doesn't work, I guess you'll have to live with what you have". Meaning, if this tank doesn't work, I won't be able to upgrade Acorn. I'll see if I can work my magic tho...
I guess you could maybe patch it with something. Idk what though.

Fisch
AcornTheBetta said:
Ten gallons of water on the floor....not a big deal ...does it hold water?

AcornTheBetta
Fisch said:
Ten gallons of water on the floor....not a big deal ...does it hold water?
I'm gonna go test to see if it does rn.
Kribensis27 said:
I guess you could maybe patch it with something. Idk what though.
Maybe some clear silicone?

Kribensis27
AcornTheBetta said:
Maybe some clear silicone?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Maybe, idk.

AggressiveAquatics
I’d just silicone it. With a chip like that over time I have no doubt it will eventually give

AcornTheBetta
AggressiveAquatics said:
I’d just silicone it. With a chip like that over time I have no doubt it will eventually give
Yeah. Maybe. It holds water and the seams are intact. I'll silicone it up just to be sure tho.

AggressiveAquatics
AcornTheBetta said:
Yeah. Maybe. It holds water and the seams are intact. I'll silicone it up just to be sure tho.
Maybe flex tape it also if you want to be extra safe

AcornTheBetta
It held water for 2hrs and my dad (who's an electrical engineer) says that it should be fine since it's small and on the outside so it doesn't effect the structure (tank is supported by the black frames) or the seal (sealed with intact silicone).

Kribensis27
I hope it works out!

Latest threads

Top Bottom