Will This Stocking Work?

Daniel Kraus

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Today I bought some new loaches under the assumption they are zebra loaches. I then find out they are Syncrossus beaufortI and should be moved immediately. The only spare tank I have is a 55 so they will be moved there. I was curious to see if oscars would work in the tank with them. Maybe only one or two. Or what other options I may have.

EDIT: this wouldn’t be a long term solution after a year or two I would upgrade. But I’d rather have my small tank filled out now while I can.

PoorBigBlue

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
While I have no knowledge of the loaches themselves, even one oscar will grow far too big for a 55. A 75 is really the minimum I'd ever want to see them in, and that's with no decor, and no other fish. A 125 is the minimum I'd ever keep an oscar in permanently, personally.

OP
D

Daniel Kraus

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
PoorBigBlue said:
While I have no knowledge of the loaches themselves, even one oscar will grow far too big for a 55. A 75 is really the minimum I'd ever want to see them in, and that's with no decor, and no other fish. A 125 is the minimum I'd ever keep an oscar in permanently, personally.
Don’t think it would be permenant. Maybe a year or so until I upgraded them. I know oscars get rather large.

OP
D

Daniel Kraus

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
philip884551 said:
How about a blood parrot I know mine gets on well with my yoyo and clown loaches
This loach is different. Has gone so far as to attack every fish in my tank and kill a few. Not sure how a blood parrot would work.

philip884551

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If these are really aggressive you might be best to send them back to the shop and see if you can trade them for something else or get a refund I mean my blood parrot is pretty nasty when he wants be

OP
D

Daniel Kraus

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
philip884551 said:
If these are really aggressive you might be best to send them back to the shop and see if you can trade them for something else or get a refund I mean my blood parrot is pretty nasty when he wants be
I’ll keep them by themselves if it comes to it

New Threads