Will This Stocking Work?

FishFish221

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Tank size: 29 gallon
Filtration: An aquaclear 50 and a hamburg matten filter.
Current fish:
4 corydoras aeneus
6 platies

Thinking about this stocking:
3 platies
2 fantail or ryukin goldfish
Will this work?

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
the corydoras won't work with the goldfish since the temp range is too different. The Goldfish will get way to big for that aquarium also. You should really have at least 6 corydoras also.

FishFish221

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
DutchAquarium said:
the corydoras won't work with the goldfish since the temp range is too different. The Goldfish will get way to big for that aquarium also. You should really have at least 6 corydoras also.
This is why I am moving them to my other tanks. Wouldn't really say that corydoras need at least 6 to be healthy though, since I have had them for around a year without any heath problems. They also rarely shoal.

FishFish221

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Do you think 10-20 guppies plus the six platies will work well instead? (starting from 4-6, but letting them breed and then selling any extras)

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
you could do the guppies, start with 10 because they will boom later. Your going to see more of a shoaling group at night and 6 is to give them their security.

FishFish221

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
DutchAquarium said:
you could do the guppies, start with 10 because they will boom later. Your going to see more of a shoaling group at night and 6 is to give them their security.
Guppies here are quite expensive (males are $4-5 each, and females are $3), so I think I'll just start with a few.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom