I really want to get a Dwarf gourami so I'm planning on getting a 20 long
I am also going to add other fish!
My stocking idea is

1x Dwarf gourami
6-12x Neon tetras
2-5x cory catfish
OR
6x khuli loaches

Would that work well? Can I add more or am I over stocking?
Thank you!!

Ouse

This stocking is ok, and is at it’s limit. Be a bit cautious of the dwarf gourami though. If the he/she causes problems, don’t say I didn’t warn you. It’s a hit or miss situation.

Wether you choose cories over kuhli loaches is entirely your decision. I would emit both if you have big and/or coarse gravel substrate and/or excessive carpeting plants.

Not much else to say really. :)

awilkinson871

If you go with loaches make sure you use a prefilter sponge. They are infamous for making their way into filters and only sometimes survive the ordeal.

JettsPapa

• I'd suggest a trio (1M, 2F) of honey gouramis instead of the single dwarf gourami (you might want to take a look at My thoughts on Dwarf Gourami/Trichogaster Lalius, posted by jinjerJOSH22, one of our resident gourami experts).
  • I'm okay with the neon tetras.
  • I'd suggest the corys instead of loaches, but that's mostly personal preference. I assume you mean a single species, and one of the smaller ones? Bronze corys can get to 3", which is pretty big for a 20 gallon tank.

Fiercebettas

This stocking is ok, and is at it’s limit. Be a bit cautious of the dwarf gourami though. If the he/she causes problems, don’t say I didn’t warn you. It’s a hit or miss situation.

Wether you choose cories over kuhli loaches is entirely your decision. I would emit both if you have big and/or coarse gravel substrate and/or excessive carpeting plants.

Not much else to say really. :)
I am planning on doing sand! Thank you! Dwarf gourami's are cool but have a strong tempure, I have a extra 10 gal if I have to use it! ;) (Though I am still deciding if I want DG or honey gourami!)
If you go with loaches make sure you use a prefilter sponge. They are infamous for making their way into filters and only sometimes survive the ordeal.
So I've heard! I prefer sponge filters so it's a win win for me XD thank you!
  • I'd suggest a trio (1M, 2F) of honey gouramis instead of the single dwarf gourami (you might want to take a look at My thoughts on Dwarf Gourami/Trichogaster Lalius, posted by jinjerJOSH22, one of our resident gourami experts).
  • I'm okay with the neon tetras.
  • I'd suggest the corys instead of loaches, but that's mostly personal preference. I assume you mean a single species, and one of the smaller ones? Bronze corys can get to 3", which is pretty big for a 20 gallon tank.
I am still deciding if I want a DG or honey gourami, I just love both sm! And I will read that, thank you!!!
And yes, just one species. Smaller Cory's is what I am going to get(if I end up getting them), I don't want to give bad care! Thank you!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WhatsTheScoop
  • Question
Replies
Views
JettsPapa
Replies
Views
EnderKing
  • Question