Will this scape resemble what I want it to resemble?

LadfromLondon
I'm shooting for Cory's (Aquarium Co-op) 800G scape (first link). Essentially a river basin with a long, sunken root of driftwood across the tank. My tank is much, much smaller than his but I'm shooting for the same scape, not the same fish.

I found these driftwood roots for sale. My tank is 120x50x50 CM (fish). The second link shows the root (110cm) I intend to have spreading across the tank diagonally, and from the third link I have chosen the far right root (100cm but will be halved) to imitate Cory's root which grows upwards. I'll find some pebbles/boulders to fill the bottom out at a later stage. Instead of using fine gravel like Cory, I think I may shoot for fine silver sand. This is for a SA community, and I really want to see Cory's sifting!

Is my interpretation and attempt of his driftwood going to look at all similar with the driftwood I'm using? I'm aiming for a similar effect overall, not necessarily the exact shape.

TIA!

First link: Cory's scape

Second link: Sunken root

Third link: Tall root

marmaaa
LadfromLondon said:
I'm shooting for Cory's (Aquarium Co-op) 800G scape (first link). Essentially a river basin with a long, sunken root of driftwood across the tank. My tank is much, much smaller than his but I'm shooting for the same scape, not the same fish.

I found these driftwood roots for sale. My tank is 120x50x50 CM (fish). The second link shows the root (110cm) I intend to have spreading across the tank diagonally, and from the third link I have chosen the far right root (100cm but will be halved) to imitate Cory's root which grows upwards. I'll find some pebbles/boulders to fill the bottom out at a later stage. Instead of using fine gravel like Cory, I think I may shoot for fine silver sand. This is for a SA community, and I really want to see Cory's sifting!

Is my interpretation and attempt of his driftwood going to look at all similar with the driftwood I'm using? I'm aiming for a similar effect overall, not necessarily the exact shape.

TIA!

First link: Cory's scape

Second link: Sunken root

Third link: Tall root
I feel like the one you linked are more straight and dont have those bumps sticking out likes corys does. This one looks a bit more closer to Corys wood piece.

LadfromLondon
marmaaa said:
I feel like the one you linked are more straight and dont have those bumps sticking out likes corys does. This one looks a bit more closer to Corys wood piece.
Thank you! The one I was looking at initially sold overnight, but I found some even better pieces at a cheaper price! I'm super stoked, these are the pieces!

marmaaa
LadfromLondon said:
Thank you! The one I was looking at initially sold overnight, but I found some even better pieces at a cheaper price! I'm super stoked, these are the pieces!
those look way closer to corys, the curves and the thickness look extremely similar! great find! best of luck with the tank:)

LadfromLondon
marmaaa said:
those look way closer to corys, the curves and the thickness look extremely similar! great find! best of luck with the tank:)
Thank you!

Latest threads

Top Bottom