Will This Keep My Bb Alive?

spike98

I just got a fluval flex 15 gallon to upgrade from my 10 gallon. I don't have enough outlets right now to run my sponge filters so I placed them in the back with the back filter. I put the sponge filters against the intake so water will pass through them. Is this enough flow to keep my beneficial bacteria alive?

MrBryan723

Usually just being submerged is slightly moving water is enough so I'm pretty sure yes.

spike98

Usually just being submerged is slightly moving water is enough so I'm pretty sure yes.
That's what I thought but it's always better to be safe than sorry. I'm hoping it being closer to the newer media will help it seed better.

RSababady

Depends how fast you need them. To speed up the process, try to put the sponges in direct contact with the media of your existing filter, then allow water to flow through it. The BB is not really present in the water itself but in the filter media.

spike98

Depends how fast you need them. To speed up the process, try to put the sponges in direct contact with the media of your existing filter, then allow water to flow through it. The BB is not really present in the water itself but in the filter media.

I don't need it too fast and it may not be possible for direct contact but I can try

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
RayClem
Replies
Views
The2dCour
Replies
Views
DoraCory
Replies
Views