Will This Flowerhorn Fry Grow Hump

Dipen
I have fry of my flowerhorn.....but I still confused will they have hump or not........can someone share their ideas and experience about this ......parents photo is included
20180714_164534.jpg
IMG_1531676804192.jpg

chromedome52
It is a hybrid line, and the genetics are hit-or-miss. You cannot predict what a hybrid offspring will grow up to look like.

Sarah73
Females don't have humps while males do. The first photo could be a female. You just have to wait.

chromedome52
Females don't have humps while males do. The first photo could be a female. You just have to wait.
Actually, I've seen females with humps, and males without. Hybrid mashup of genes is going to be unpredictable.

Sarah73
Actually, I've seen females with humps, and males without. Hybrid mashup of genes is going to be unpredictable.
Geez well that's what the people who made them get. Can't believe they even bred a hump on the top of the head-,-

Mcasella
If the first picture is of the fry (aka juvenile after a half inch long) it is developing a hump. But like stated above unless both parents are massively endowed it is hit or miss.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
finnipper59
Replies
Views
Flyfisha
  • Question
Replies
Views
Lucas92
Replies