Will this fish make it or is it cruel?

1. orbelina Member Member

Afternoon all have just returned from my lfs with some green neons to finish off the new species tank (after losing my fighter from there : ( ) ....after releasing them I was counting them up and generally checking them over when I noticed one hovering in the middle of the tank...when it turned around it didn't have an eye on the left!! There is a socket but no eye...its also a slightly deformed shape...would it be cruel to keep it alive? Or do you think it would do okay?

2. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

keep an eye on it for now, some fish like this do fine in the long run, others do not.

3. orbelina Member Member

I just spoke to the guy at the lfs and he wants me to take it back...I was missing two anyway...paid for ten only got eight, I've told him I'll take it back on weds the next time I can go hopefully it will survive until then

4. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

looks like you got a good answer for it then.

5. orbelina Member Member

Poor little thing I was worried it might struggle feeding and things ...have to admit the lfs does seem to be going downhill a bit at the moment...the guy is making more money on the marine side of things so freshwater seems to be suffering slightly...hope he gets it sorted soon its the best place for miles :(

6. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

It happens from time to time, and then another problem is just over breeding of fish in general that causes them to be weak and have defects from birth.