Will This Cause Aggression?

Sebastian Perdomo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
emmysjj said:
I have 3 male endlers in my cycled 10 gallon right now. I plan on adding 4 male guppies.

Should I add all 4 at once? If I do 2, then 2, will it cause aggression?

I don't have a quarantine tank, do I need to quarantine?

Thanks
Best practice is to quarantine. Honestly, I usually don’t, because I have a very reliable LFS that quarantines before they sell. I did catch some ich on one of my recent purchases so I did quarantine and medicate that fish, and now he’s doing just fine in the display.
These are community fish so there will not be any aggression. Even then, when dealing with aggressive or semi-aggressive fish, always put them in as the last part of your stocking. Aclimate, quarantine, and add them in all together so that they don’t have time to establish and protect a territory since they are all new additions to the community.

RedLoredAmazon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
You can get a rubbermaid tote and use that as a qt. Plus it functions as great storage for extra fish stuff when not in use.

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yup! I always have a tub laying around. One of my 'fish hacks' is to get one of those three drawer-rolly doodads from Rubbermaid, and then you have three qt's at once! Plus, you can store stuff in it once you're done!

Biev

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sebastian Perdomo said:
Best practice is to quarantine. Honestly, I usually don’t, because I have a very reliable LFS that quarantines before they sell.
I used to say the same thing. Then MB wiped out 90% of my guppies, including a line I'd spent years working on. Please learn from my mistakes, children.

emmysjj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I really can't set up another tank, but im doing one for my 55 gallon build. Do you think they'll be okay?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom