Will This Be A Problem?

MaximumRide14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I put an old cartridge behind a new cartridge so the bacteria could transfer... only thing is that some of the water isn’t going through the cartridges. Even when I block the way with a sponge the lid light still blinks at me, which means that I have to change the cartridge. What do I do?
Image1527211936.957867.jpg
Image1527211963.154096.jpg
Image1527212303.106985.jpg

sloughdog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The cartridges are fine as long as the water can’t back up and overflow from the filter on to the floor or something. It looks like there’s enough flow to that a back up won’t occur.
Just ignore the light...I have the same filter on a tank and put a piece of electrical tape over it lol.

MaximumRide14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
sloughdog said:
The cartridges are fine as long as the water can’t back up and overflow from the filter on to the floor or something. It looks like there’s enough flow to that a back up won’t occur.
Just ignore the light...I have the same filter on a tank and put a piece of electrical tape over it lol.
Ok I’ll just leave the sponge in then. And that light really hates me lol

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The only other thing you can do is strip the fabric/cotton fiber off the old cartridge and stuff that behind the new cartridge, that way it isn't as thick and the hard plastic isn't impeding flow and causing the light ot light up (though as stated above, if it isn't backing up and you don't have a tiny tsunami going on you should be good).

MaximumRide14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Mcasella said:
The only other thing you can do is strip the fabric/cotton fiber off the old cartridge and stuff that behind the new cartridge, that way it isn't as thick and the hard plastic isn't impeding flow and causing the light ot light up (though as stated above, if it isn't backing up and you don't have a tiny tsunami going on you should be good).
I tried to pick some parts off, but it was pretty stuck on there. I can try again later though.

leftswerve

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In the future, with a well established/cycled tank, In my opinion and experience, I would change the cartridge completely and more often. That way your bio will grow on the blue pieces where it is supposed to and all this leaving old media in is solved and done with.

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
take the light out!! thas what i did, and never change cartrages, thats a ploy to make you soend cash, i would think about going "cartradge free" but in the mean time, just take out the new one and leave he old one to do its job, that light is trash, so throw it out haha

MaximumRide14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ms rose said:
take the light out!! thas what i did, and never change cartrages, thats a ploy to make you soend cash, i would think about going "cartradge free" but in the mean time, just take out the new one and leave he old one to do its job, that light is trash, so throw it out haha
Thanks!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom