Will this be a good setup ???

  • Thread starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Hi, this is how I want my setup when I go back to my home country to be. all you have to do is tell me will this setup good.:

20 or 50 Gallons UK-. With built in light and lid.

Heater-.

Hang on filter-. (power filtre)

Six bunch of plants,

2 medium sized rocks

Pea gravel

12 Inch airstone ( air pump needed) got an airpump check.

2 air pumps for airstone.

And thats it what do you think..

Yazan,
 
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,173
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
What fish will you be putting in the tank?

It sounds good, but I'd get a powered filter and use the air pump just for the airstone and I'd get a longer airstone for a tank that size, maybe 6-12".
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
FLBettaCouple said:
What fish will you be putting in the tank?

It sounds good, but I'd get a powered filter and use the air pump just for the airstone and I'd get a longer airstone for a tank that size, maybe 6-12".
Don't worry I have 2 air pumps, by the way thanks.


Yazan,
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,173
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
Goldfishcare said:
FLBettaCouple said:
What fish will you be putting in the tank?

It sounds good, but I'd get a powered filter and use the air pump just for the airstone and I'd get a longer airstone for a tank that size, maybe 6-12".
Don't worry I have 2 air pumps, by the way thanks.


Yazan,
yea, i'd just get a longer airstone or bubble curtain to get the bubbles spread throughout a tank that size.
 

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Messages
22,944
Reaction score
116
Points
518
Experience
More than 10 years
A powered filter not an air filter would be better, otherwise the setup sounds good but it also depends on what fish your going to put in it
Caol
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Butterfly said:
A powered filter not an air filter would be better, otherwise the setup sounds good but it also depends on what fish your going to put in it
Caol
I'm going to put some platys in the tank.

Yazan
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,173
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
alright.. i love platies!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Messages
22,944
Reaction score
116
Points
518
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes me two You can get so many different kinds of Platys.
Carol
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,173
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
Have you decided what kind of platys you're getting? With a bigger tank, you'll have room to get 3 or more (to form a school) of more than 1 variety. I'd recommend leaving room for at least 3 little cory cats - they'll help clean up all that platy poop and are a lot of fun to watch too.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
FLBettaCouple said:
Have you decided what kind of platys you're getting?  With a bigger tank, you'll have room to get 3 or more (to form a school) of more than 1 variety.   I'd recommend leaving room for at least 3 little cory cats - they'll help clean up all that platy poop and are a lot of fun to watch too.
I'll think about it. Mybe yes.


Yazan,
 

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Messages
22,944
Reaction score
116
Points
518
Experience
More than 10 years
FLBettaCouple yes a couple of corys would be great but they don't eat poop. They will clean up excess food that falls to the bottom but not poop
Carol
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,173
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
Butterfly said:
FLBettaCouple yes a couple of corys would be great but they don't eat poop. They will clean up excess food that falls to the bottom but not poop
Carol
Are you sure? We heard that they did, which is why we got them for the Platys. We put 2 in the Platy tank and have seen them eating the poop. They tend to keep the bottom pretty poop-free, even getting it off of plants.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
FLBettaCouple said:
Butterfly said:
FLBettaCouple yes a couple of corys would be great but they don't eat poop. They will clean up excess food that falls to the bottom but not poop
Carol
Are you sure? We heard that they did, which is why we got them for the Platys.  We put 2 in the Platy tank and have seen them eating the poop.  They tend to keep the bottom pretty poop-free, even getting it off of plants.
I thik Butterfly is right.



Yazan
 

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Messages
22,944
Reaction score
116
Points
518
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes I'm sure They nose around the substrate and eat dropped food but I don't know of any fish that eats other fishes poop. The poop drops down in the substrate and breaks up, that is what you vacuum up when you vacuum.
Carol
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,173
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
Butterfly said:
Yes I'm sure They nose around the substrate and eat dropped food but I don't know of any fish that eats other fishes poop. The poop drops down in the substrate and breaks up, that is what you vacuum up when you vacuum.
Carol
i see.. well, chalk up another lie for the petco "aquatic expert". > Have they ever told us the truth about anything i wonder.. makes me glad we only shop there for rescue bettas now.
 

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Messages
22,944
Reaction score
116
Points
518
Experience
More than 10 years
FLBettaCouple said:
i see.. well, chalk up another lie for the petco people.. have they ever told us the truth about anything i wonder..
Very seldom do they even know. One of the Petcos near me is a treasure. The lady who runs their fish dept. has fish and is very knowledgeable, does all the ordering, has free reign of the dept etc. Now if the other stores would follow that stores example and hire people who know what their doing...
Their is a great little book called- South American Catfishes by David Sands. I paid $3 for it at a used book store. There is an awful lot of pictures and information about Corys in it.
What really bothers me is lFS sometimes advertise Corys as scavengers only so people think they don't have to feed them thinking they can live just off of what falls to the bottom of the tank when they feed their other fish.
Carol
Carol
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Butterfly said:
FLBettaCouple said:
i see.. well, chalk up another lie for the petco people.. have they ever told us the truth about anything i wonder..
Very seldom do they even know. One of the Petcos near me is a treasure. The lady who runs their fish dept. has fish and is very knowledgeable, does all the ordering, has free reign of the dept etc. Now if the other stores would follow that stores example and hire people who know what their doing...
Their is a great little book called- South American Catfishes by David Sands. I paid $3 for it at a used book store. There is an awful lot of pictures and information about Corys in it.
What really bothers me is lFS sometimes advertise Corys as scavengers only so people think they don't have to feed them thinking they can live just off of what falls to the bottom of the tank when they feed their other fish.
Carol
Carol
Instead of corys I might put some catfish.
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,173
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
- Corys are a type of catfish, but there are many, many kinds.. The Planet Catfish website is a great source of info on the cats out there.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
FLBettaCouple said:
- Corys are a type of catfish, but there are many, many kinds.. The Planet Catfish website is a great source of info on the cats out there.
Thanks.
yazan
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom