Will They Survive?

1. H

HamSnacks Valued Member Member

Unfortunately live in a city where aquarium plants aren't widely available.
    I purchased the plants from an online seller, they weren't bright green when they arrived but they were in Shipment for almost 5 days, and I just thought they would adjust, but they look like they may be getting worse, not better.
    I have adjusted some of the plants that I was told work better attached or not fully under the substrate. I also have read a lot online that these plants sometimes look like they may be dying when there is a sudden change of environment but will eventually adjust, it just requires patience, my biggest concern is the Jungle Vals and the Crinum Calamistratum. The Anubia is a weird one, the ones in the substrate are a solid strong green and some of the ones attached to the wood are also green while others are black, but I am not too concerned. They are getting 8 hours of strong light, fertilizer and tabs. I have attached some photos.

nZ03lOI.jpg
    aippR8A.jpg
    OH5Y4dX.jpg
    8r33YnC.jpg
    tygJlSe.jpg

2. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

I reckon they will. Plants tend to melt back a little in a new place (the shipment bag), as well as lack of light, water, ferts and oxygen (they breathe oxygen in the dark).

3. OP
    OP
    H

HamSnacks Valued Member Member

Yeah I'm hoping they aren't dead dead, just very weak.
    I have decided will be adding CO2 this Thursday, my setup arrives then. Hopefully, a large water change, fertilizer, light and CO2 on Thursday will bring them back to life, just need them to somewhat survive.