Will They Survive?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by HamSnacks, Jun 25, 2018.

1. H

HamSnacks Valued Member Member

Unfortunately live in a city where aquarium plants aren't widely available.
    I purchased the plants from an online seller, they weren't bright green when they arrived but they were in Shipment for almost 5 days, and I just thought they would adjust, but they look like they may be getting worse, not better.
    I have adjusted some of the plants that I was told work better attached or not fully under the substrate. I also have read a lot online that these plants sometimes look like they may be dying when there is a sudden change of environment but will eventually adjust, it just requires patience, my biggest concern is the Jungle Vals and the Crinum Calamistratum. The Anubia is a weird one, the ones in the substrate are a solid strong green and some of the ones attached to the wood are also green while others are black, but I am not too concerned. They are getting 8 hours of strong light, fertilizer and tabs. I have attached some photos.

nZ03lOI.jpg
    aippR8A.jpg
    OH5Y4dX.jpg
    8r33YnC.jpg
    tygJlSe.jpg

2. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

I reckon they will. Plants tend to melt back a little in a new place (the shipment bag), as well as lack of light, water, ferts and oxygen (they breathe oxygen in the dark).

3. OP
    OP
    H

HamSnacks Valued Member Member

Yeah I'm hoping they aren't dead dead, just very weak.
    I have decided will be adding CO2 this Thursday, my setup arrives then. Hopefully, a large water change, fertilizer, light and CO2 on Thursday will bring them back to life, just need them to somewhat survive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice